Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much notice do i need to give a landlord in this situation?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭

I'm living in an apartment for nearly 6 months,i never signed a lease. How much notice do i need to give before i can leave/no forfeit my deposit

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭odds_on

As you have not signed a lease, you have a Periodic lease which runs from rent period to rent period (probably month to month, but depends on when you pay the rent).

Your periodic lease has the backing of all the laws regarding a Part 4 lease.
    I'm living in an apartment for nearly 6 months
    If you want leave you must give notice in writing and the amout of notice depends on how long you have had occupation of the tenancy.
    Less than 6 months in tenancy - notice required = 28 days (4 weeks)
    between 6 months and 1 year in tenancy - notice required = 35 days (5 weeks)

Advertisement