Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My website

• 19-06-2011 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi all,

I recently created my own website. If you can have a look at it and share your opinion.:)

www.magdacwik.com

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Fantastic stuff.

But do get rid of the menacing music. It's annoying and doesn't really fit the site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 nonphixion

Thanks for reply Fanny Cradock!

But you have the button "sound off/on" if you are not attracted by the background music.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Background music is generally a bad idea and at least turned off by default.

The navigation is less than intuitive.

The links on the homepage are too far down, below the fold on my typical screensize.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 madammc

Thanks tricky D,
    according to navigation, is it not visible enough?
    I will try to do something with the size of the web:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

The text links are too far down.

If I am looking at your advert stuff, then want to look at another category, I can't just click on the other category which is the intuitive thing to do. Instead I have search and find out that the shape in the top right will take me back to the 3 main choices and then I have to click again. I should be able to click directly in and the shape is not intuitive, out-of-context and just not needed.

I should also be able to click the MC shape in the top lhs to go back to the start.

The gallery nav arrows could also be up the page a bit more.

There's also the issue of Flash and SEO anf other matters. If this is a personal project then Flash is OK, but if this is commercial, then using Flash is a really bad thing.

• Advertisement

I will consider to bring some changes to make the navigation easier.
    I was thinking about linking the logo with the home page before.It looks like it's needed:)
    When I will change the appearance of the website you should be able to see the entire elements balanced.
    It is my personal project indeed but I wanted to get some cool movements.
    I'm aware of the negative sides of flash so when I will have some new project to create I might use different tool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Haskew

Looks great Mgda. Best of luck with your exhibition. Hope to visit it!
    mary

Haskew wrote: »
    mary
    Hi Mary,
    I'm looking forward to that exhibition. Everything is looking great so far.
    We are starting on 1-st of December in Front Lounge at around 7 O'clock.
    Hopefully see you there.

tricky D wrote: »
    Background music is generally a bad idea and at least turned off by default.

The navigation is less than intuitive.

The links on the homepage are too far down, below the fold on my typical screensize.

hi Tricky D,
    I've brought few changes to my website www.magdacwik.com
    In future, when I will get more time I'll try to make it even better but
    if you could have a look at it again.
    Thank you

Haskew wrote: »
    mary
    Hi Mary,
    My exhibition is running till 8.01.12 so if you will get a moment go to Front Lounge. Everything looks great!!
    There is a competition on my website:)) you can WIN one of my works:) Check this out www.magdacwik.com
    for more info go to:
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Magda-Cwik/138448656225882

• Advertisement
Advertisement