Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw fish!

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:12pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭

Was in Wa cafe today and they had a special nigiri plate.

Ordered it expecting the usual cooked fish they have in their maki rolls but low and behold it was raw!

I asked the waitress to be sure and she said that yes all the sashimi and nigiri is raw, I mentioned something about a raw fish license but she didn't seem to know what I was talking about.

Bottom line, you can get sashimi in Galway now, that's pretty much made my year!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I've been asking the girl at the market and in the Wa cafe a few times for years about at least getting tuna. I was told that they do offer it on occassion, but it seemed to be a once in a blue moon when it was available and they had a notion kinda thing.

So news that they are offering this consistently would be news indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Where is the Wa?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

newkie wrote: »
    I've been asking the girl at the market and in the Wa cafe a few times for years about at least getting tuna. I was told that they do offer it on occassion, but it seemed to be a once in a blue moon when it was available and they had a notion kinda thing.

So news that they are offering this consistently would be news indeed.

Oh, maybe it was a one off, it was a special plate and I don't think the menu has changed. Get it while it's hot cold!
    Where is the Wa?

Here you go..

WaMap.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭dafunk

Can I suggest you edit your post in case there is a licensing issue ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

It is an occasional thing, it's usually part of their Specials menu. They often have tuna/salmon sashimi for €3 or a nigiri plate for €10 on their specials. I assume the reason it's not on their normal menu is that they can't get fresh fish every day.

Just check out the board when you go in and that'll say whether or not they have it

• Advertisement
Advertisement