Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Circle in Cork xx

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi everyone, hope you are all well, i am beginning my journey in mediumship and was wondering if there are any open circles that any one knows of that are on in cork city, i am finding it very hard to find a friend to go to with me to an open circle as they are all non believers lol, so im in this alone, i would love to join an open circle to develop and find some like minded friends there, it would be really appreciated if anyone knows of any open circle running in cork city and when, thanks so much everyone

Love and Light

xxxxxxxxxxxx
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

Hey there,

same story here!

I dont know any open circle or something tho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 858 ✭✭✭goingpostal

Can you tell me what an open circle is? I haven't heard this term before.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭celica00

It's like a group of people with the same interest, who will have (regular) meetings together to exchange their experience and information:)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

An open circle is a kind of 'come and go' group where the members and numbers can change. You might not get to all meetings, and the aims of the group can be quite fluid. Usually it is set up as a safe space in which to share ideas about spirituality, and practice such things as meditation, healing and psychic exercises.

A closed group is quite similar, except it is a fixed group of people which does not change, and members are requested not to miss meetings if at all possible. A closed group may have a more definite reason for forming, such as distance healing, deeper meditation or developing specific abilities. The reason such groups are closed is so that the 'energy' of the group is constant and members bond better.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 clucks2

Thanks so much for your replies, im finding it impossible to also find like minded friends that have the same interests, i know there has to be an open circle in cork i have been doing searches and have come up with notthing, i would love to develop in a circle as it is controlled, but thanks anyway evryone i will continue searching :)

Love and Light

xxxxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 bananabobana

Hi, I have also looked and been interested in a circle in Cork, I have thought of starting one but would be happier for it to be led by someone with more experience than me, please keep us informed if you find anything or have ideas of maybe starting a group :)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Dont be afraid to start your own group, but do keep it small, and keep it simple. Make sure nothing engenders fear in any of the participants. (People have awful notions about 'attachments' and 'bringing stuff home', which is nonsense) Otherwise, enjoy. :)

Hi bananabobana

I dont think im brave enough to start a group as im really only developing, like yourself i thought it would be better with an experienced medium, if you wanted to start one banana i would be more than happy to be join in the group, it would be great to see if there would be many more interested in joining an open circle in Cork xxx

Yes your right Oryx it is matter over mind isnt it about attachments etc, thank you oryx xxxxxxxxx

Hey, I do know one or two people that would love to do something like that, we did an introduction to mediumship last september, I am booked in to do another the begining of august but i think i may be away but it is well worth doing, its not so much the fear of doing it as not knowing where to start Oryx, I thought having someone who was experienced in guided meditation or something like that would be helpful and give a bit of direction? But i would be very interested if we could get a small group together and see how we go, I have some books and things on the subject so maybe we could all learn together :D

• Advertisement

Banana where is the introduction on in august i would be interested in doing that, is it a weekend thing?, yes i have dozens of books too and find them really useful, but not as useful as doing it in a group so to speck, as people learn from each other in a group and help each other along xxxxx

Hey Clucks, last year it was in a room above dervish, the shop on the coal quay, it was one full day, but I was so amazed at what I myself and the group accomplished on the day, I booked through dervish, just go into the shop and ask, i did see there is a weekend course on in Vienna Woods the end of july i think, i dont know anything about the medium running that one, I do go to Moya who does the one in Dervish for readings when she is in ireland, and felt really comfortable on the course, she is studying and teacing i think in the psychic college in wales, I know her reading appointments book up really quickly but im not sure about the course, it maybe had about 10 of us last year, but if you want to do it and it is booked up let me know, because i may have to let my place go as i am supposed to be away now that weekend unfortunatley for me :( But we should talk more about maybe getting a group together if you are interested :)

Thats great thank you banana, i will ring or call in there during the week, yes i am totally interested in a group if your thinking of starting one xxxx

Hey i just found out a bit more about the Mediumship workshop in Vienna woods, its on the 30th and 31st of July and is being run by Glyn Edwards, who is a tutor at the Arthur Findlay college in England, if you google him theres lots of info, I think seeing as tho Im missing the other one I might give this a go if i can ;)

Hi Banana where do i find out more about this one in vienna woods? is it also through dervish?,

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,210 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Hi Clucks2..

My wife runs a Circle in the city centre where she teaches psychic and personal development that includes Mediumship and soul progression. The weekends with Mediums who come over to Vienna Woods hotel are quiet good as a starting point and it's nice to have a weekly class to go to also. If any of you are interested I can pm you here.

great sexyguy can you pm please with the details, very much appreciated x

Hey Clucks, no not through dervish, I found it when I was searching for courses online a few months ago, its on holistic health guide . ie, im not sure if you can post links but google it.

Thanks so much banana hun i found it, i also got onto dervish about the one in August and they have a few places left so i have 2 to choose from, thanks so much xxxxxxxxxxx

clucks2 wrote: »
    great sexyguy can you pm please with the details, very much appreciated x

Sorted..PM sent.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 AngelLight

Running a successful Circle is something I've been doing for a number of years now and I usually prefer the closed Circle approach as it does enhance the energy between the people who attend and a bond of trust forms also. I've been trained by the Institute for Psychic Development and am blessed to be their only official moderator and trainer too.

Doing this kind of work really is a calling in life and I love meeting people and guiding them onto their paths. My own interest in this field began many years ago but like so many people I kept it private because not many people I knew were open to it, however now things have changed which is great! I love the boards here and often browse them and read but only decided it'd be nice to make some posts. I would recommend some of the workshops in Dervish depending on whose running what workshop of course. Hope you enjoy the Circle you join Clucks and do let us know what you think too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 VajraCork

Hi Sexyguy,

I've just joined this site and went searching for meet ups and like minded people in Cork. I would be very interested in attending one of your wife's weekly meets, could you possibly email me the details? Thanks in advance

Hi Vajra....

My Wife is actually the poster above you there.. "AngelLight"..

She'll PM you later today..

Advertisement