Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kitchens in Kilkenny

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭

Hey. I'm looking at getting a new kitchen for my small 3 bedroom semi on the Johnswell rd. Initially i wanted to go the Ikea route but i'm just not sure about the quality of their stuff.
    I've decided to go local but i cant make up my mind on who to go for. Anyone know of any installers / suppliers of good kitchens that they can vouch for. I'm after a good quality job for a reasonable price (obviously) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭femur61

We used Brennans in Loughbouy Industrial estate and found them good. Very reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 thewiseoldwoman

jiggajt wrote: »
    Hey. I'm looking at getting a new kitchen for my small 3 bedroom semi on the Johnswell rd. Initially i wanted to go the Ikea route but i'm just not sure about the quality of their stuff.
    I've decided to go local but i cant make up my mind on who to go for. Anyone know of any installers / suppliers of good kitchens that they can vouch for. I'm after a good quality job for a reasonable price (obviously) Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't give you any advice on who to use,but i do think your right staying away from Ikea.Huge difference in quality,as ive seen a few kitchens from there..would be my idea of quality.
    There was a place in the Hebron Ind Estate also who did excellent job on a neighbours kitchen.They added more units to her kitchen matching what was in it when she moved in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I can't give you any advice on who to use,but i do think your right staying away from Ikea.Huge difference in quality,as ive seen a few kitchens from there..would be my idea of quality.
    There was a place in the Hebron Ind Estate also who did excellent job on a neighbours kitchen.They added more units to her kitchen matching what was in it when she moved in.

Used them aswell when we wanted a new kitchen, cant think of their name but excellent prices and would recommend them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

There's a small place in Irish town just at the traffic lights that might be worth a look. Never had any dealings with them. There's also a place behind electro city called noyeks. Wouldn't have any idea of quality or price. Shop around though and use the quotes as leverage against the other shops. Places are cryin out for business so let them compete for yours

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Totally. Screw every last penny out of them.

And yeah Ikea stuff tends to be a bit under engineered for significant wear and tear (and their stupid lightbulbs can be bought only from them), though they do sell Dime bars so they get points for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Dymo

We used Brennans in Loughbouy Industrial estate and found them good. Very reasonably priced too.

Closed down unfortunately, Right price Kitchens in the Hebron are good on price. website http://www.rightpricekitchens.ie/
    fabbydabby wrote: »
    And yeah Ikea stuff tends to be a bit under engineered for significant wear and tear

Did you see the tests they use, a drawer moving in and out at a snails pace, get a good 4 year old child to test the drawers then we'll see how good they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭jiggajt

Dymo wrote: »
    Did you see the tests they use, a drawer moving in and out at a snails pace, get a good 4 year old child to test the drawers then we'll see how good they are.

good point. I have my first baby on the way so this is worth considering. Thanks for all the help guys. It's hard to find the time to go around to all of them and get quotes but I guess if I want the best deal I'd better do that.

I'm not sure about bad mouthing on the forum but is there anyone I should stay away from?? Names not necessary, " a certain installer here/ there"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

jiggajt wrote: »
    good point. I have my first baby on the way so this is worth considering. Thanks for all the help guys. It's hard to find the time to go around to all of them and get quotes but I guess if I want the best deal I'd better do that.

I'm not sure about bad mouthing on the forum but is there anyone I should stay away from?? Names not necessary, " a certain installer here/ there"

The one on the parade, while very good quality, is extremely expensive. Not saying you should stay away, but if you're on a budget, it's prob not the best one!

Advertisement