Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This could not be right

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭

Right iv decided to take out a contract for bill pay with emobile, iv selected the plan "select unlimited 12 month" which costs 69 per month, when i try to checkout it wont let me unless i pick a phone, Thing is i dont want a phone iv got 1, and if i do pick out a phone even if its the little crap nokia it they want a deposit of 130 euro for a phone thats worth 40 euro or something, ( i dont want a phone and im an eircom customer)

This is the msg on screen
    We're sorry but you have selected a bill pay plan (Select Unlimited (12 months)), and therefore you must choose a phone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭banjacksed

banjacksed wrote: »
    Right iv decided to take out a contract for bill pay with emobile, iv selected the plan "select unlimited 12 month" which costs 69 per month, when i try to checkout it wont let me unless i pick a phone, Thing is i dont want a phone iv got 1, and if i do pick out a phone even if its the little crap nokia it they want a deposit of 130 euro for a phone thats worth 40 euro or something, ( i dont want a phone and im an eircom customer)

This is the msg on screen
    We're sorry but you have selected a bill pay plan (Select Unlimited (12 months)), and therefore you must choose a phone.

Iv just checked all their other plans and its coming up the same, so i have to pick a phone to go on contract with them, am i missing something here guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

banjacksed wrote: »
    Iv just checked all their other plans and its coming up the same, so i have to pick a phone to go on contract with them, am i missing something here guys?

Its the same with all operators. Only the 30 day rolling contracts come without a phone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Pick the Samsung Galaxy SII and I'll give you €400 for it. :D

Go back to the start, there is an option there -

izq6o.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This post has been deleted.

30 day contracts:

28u7azp.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Davy wrote: »
    30 day contracts:

28u7azp.jpg

Fair enough, but the OP wanted Unlimited "12 month"

That's a 12 month contract that includes a phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,060 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Sorry, my mistake, when you hit 'Choose SIM' it tells you must choose a phone.

0RsIC.png

Choose a phone I guess, the 30 day contracts don't give as generous an allowance on calls/texts/data.

Im trying to get through to cc since 9 and no luck, let ye know what they say when i do

Pick the Samsung Galaxy SII and I'll give you €400 for it. :D

Go back to the start, there is an option there -

izq6o.png
    if i did get it there would be a que in the house for it eek.gif,

Just got off fone to cc, The deposit is for 2 bills up front payment, fair enough it makes sense now, but they dont say that on the website just put it down to a handset deposit.

Even the 49 euro per month tariff is not available without a handset, (sim only).

IMO its crazy, you must buy a fone their son:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement