Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power Supply Help?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

My power supply fan is starting to rattle and I fear it may be on the way out and the noise is doing my head in anyhow. So I need a new power supply.

I am looking for a 500W to 600W supply for around about €60ish. I was looking at the Super-Flower Amazon from hardwareversand but the €30 delivery is too much for one product. Are they sold any where else?

Here is one I was thinking of but I am really not sure what to be looking for.

Any help would great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭hamhamwich

Thanks for nothing. :p

If anyone is interested I got one of these.

Hopefully it wont blow up my computer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Missed the thread yesterday, sorry. However the Antec is a good budget choice, should be fine for your needs. What CPU/GPU are you running?

My CPU is a quad core 2.33GHz and my GPU is a HD5850.

The power supply I have now is just 400W I think so the new one should be fine. I wanted to get a decent one because I might try some overclocking and I also might use it on a future build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I had this thread opened yesterday, but I must have got distracted. Anyway, I think that Antec was one of the ones based on Seasonic's S12II, so it's pretty good and won't blow up your computer.
    It will be fine for a 5850 and overclocking.

Power supply came today. Ordered it from overclockers on Sunday so it a very fast delivery.

Its working fine so far. Its great to have a quite computer again. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement