Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good cocktails?

Options
  • 19-06-2011 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi folks the missis has a birthday next weekend and a group of them coming down to Galway.
    Where does good cocktails and has a bit of an atmosphere,recommendations please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

The G Hotel is the place to go, but it's not cheap and a real luxury!! It is her birthday after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭beagle001

Been there before and found it had a terrible atmosphere on both occasions even though it was the weekend.
    Cocktail list was extensive but way overpriced,to be honest it did not cross my mind as I found it fairly average,they are looking for a bar type place,skeff maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

The House Hotel cocktails are ok!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 alrolo

the Dail Bar and the Skeff are best for cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The Kings Head has a good selection of scumptious cocktails and always a bit of banter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭pseudonym1

Best Cocktails Galway IMO

1 The G hotel
    2 The 12 Barna
    3 House Hotel
    4 Town house

Kellys can be hit and miss

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Fagans in eyre square do very good cocktails and atmosphere is good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Cocktails are good in the G but way overpriced.

Kelly's cocktails not good in my experience.

Cocktails in the House Hotel are good and fairly priced. They also have a package where a group can learn how to make cocktails. Always looks like fun whenever I've seen it being done and popular with groups of ladies out on the town. http://www.thehousehotel.ie/cocktail-bar-galway

The house hotel it is then,cheers for the recommendations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jduffy1975

I just love the House hotel's and the g's cocktails!!! Cant wait until Friday - I am off with my best friend for a few at the g - they do summer specials for only €10 per cocktail so that's not tooo bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭beeintheknow

Would a few tins not do ye?

I have had those 10 euro cocktails to be honest they are just a gimmick,not nice at all mainly fruit juice or soda as I spoke with the bar tender last time we were in there.
    He said your better off avoiding them and spending a but more on the other cocktails as you actually get some alcohol in them.
    What annoyed me was a member of our group ordered a champagne billing cocktail and she actually saw him subtituting it for proseco,she said to waitress at 18 euro it claims champagne but the girl just said that's been policy to use it and in fairness offered to refund her drink.
    Still total ripp off in all honesty.

Advertisement