Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway. Areas to avoid/Primer for the uninitiated

Options
2»

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

No, the problem as I was told was people going in from other balconies. They could track who goes in and out of the estate but once inside you could evade security in some areas down the back.

The blocks don't have connecting balconies. Maybe you're thinking of dun na coiribe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

The blocks don't have connecting balconies. Maybe you're thinking of dun na coiribe?

Nope. I'm going to shut up now anyway, I don't want to be putting ideas in people's heads. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭the realpigiron

todd10k wrote: »
    Hello all. I shall soon be heading to galway after securing a job. I'm a young single professional non smoker, what area's should i look for/avoid? What's galway like as a city? I know it has some good night life, but what is it like for clubs/associations? is there everything a young man could want? What's the dating scene like? I hear galway's the place to go for men looking to find a wife. Dunno about the whole wife part but i'm definatly looking for something :)

Any and all info about galway is appreciated. Treat this as a primer for the discerning gentleman moving to galway for the first time.

annnnd....go

I'm from Tullamore, have lived in Dublin, Limerick, Tralee and Galway City in younger days and seen lots of other places besides. I'm living in Galway now married and bringing up my kids here.

Galway City is the best town in Ireland. If you're young and single get yourself a flat in the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

plan your route to minimise the number of roundabouts you encounter.

In Galway? The home of roundabouts? Its near impossible to avoid them.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Skyuser wrote: »
    In Galway? The home of roundabouts? Its near impossible to avoid them.

Not for much longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭matt360

Why do you say "Not for much longer"?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭johnnyk66

matt360 wrote: »

They are replacing most of them with lights! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,597 ✭✭✭✭kippy

matt360 wrote: »

See here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056236317

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

nobody's warned the poor OP about the rain. you know it rains in Galway? ;)

Just on that though I never found Galway that cold.
    Must be the wind coming off the sea

Coming back the midlands at weekends and it was far colder and a bitter wind.

I used to think living by the sea would be cold, pretty much the opposite

Sorry, offtopic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement