Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards 2 - iConomy

• 19-06-2011 7:21pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm not a builder but more of a miner and love the idea of a working iConomy service.

What though do people think are the items that they would want to see available for sale that they'd rather not mine/produce for themselves?

tools, food, ores or something more 'complicated' ?

With the lack of mobspawners is the most profitable stone gonna stock strings, bonemeal, sulpher, etc...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

I think that shops will be set up as the demand requires them :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

Items that will be sought after will be the things that are rare eg colored wool, string, sulpher, bone, arrows, diamonds, iron, lapus etc

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Here's a better idea, as things get going, why don't we use this thread to put requests in for shops and when we see a lot of interest in certain items, we can create a shop for it.

Most items will be on sale from the official shops that will be managed by Admins. The idea for "unofficial" shops that are created by users is to encourage competition. It will be interesting to see who will charge the cheapest for a particular item.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

IMHO as long as anyone who may have commands such as '/get' don't use them to provide infinite supplies in their store we'll be fine :)

I really don't think that there'll be a need for 'official' shops and if we have them then they should charge more than 'market' prices to allow someone else to move in and compete.

• Advertisement

Ponster wrote: »
    I really don't think that there'll be a need for 'official' shops and if we have them then they should charge more than 'market' prices to allow someone else to move in and compete.

Official shops will be present in this server as for the fact that they will always be in stock. The official shops are mainly for full stacks of items that an "unofficial" might only have what the owner could get. So these shops will be important for a person, for examlpe, who needs a full stack of red wool for his house. Having these "official" shops will also help iconomy. Like I said the rates will be fixed so if the buyer wants a better price he can then go on a bargain hunt around users shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Is there not the worry that it'll all become redundant as people just give what others need?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Well if they do that, we'll just have to remove the plug-in and say a giant thank you everyone for making us (ok, mostly cherryghost) waste our time configuring the mod in the first place :p

Cossax wrote: »
    Is there not the worry that it'll all become redundant as people just give what others need?

Obviously, us admins, cannot force people to use it. However the system is easy to use with the chests and I think that money, on this map, will become the new diamonds. Everyone will want as much as they can get.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

As said in the first post of the other thread, creating towns with perks will cost money, a lot of money. So its a good system to use either way.

• Advertisement
Advertisement