Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCの日本語 (Leaving Cert Japanese).

• 19-06-2011 7:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

こんばんは!

How's everybody set for Japanese? :D

Last day.. Last thing.. I only have too half days before it too.

Should be a soft-enough exam, though my oral really fecked me over.

What grades are everybody else hoping for? I was going for an A1/A2, but now I'll be happy with a B2. I'll do well on the test, it's just that oral...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

You should be grand, wasnt it like 33.6% A1's last year? >.> Damn smart people taking japanese :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

hehe, yeah it was. Last year's paper was piss easy though :p

I'm pretty confident in getting an A in the written section all the same.. But my overall grade sure as hell won't be an A :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

But if last year's paper was easy shouldn't that be good sign for us? Maybe they're making it easier Probably not though just my desperation showing =D

Nagikami wrote: »
    But if last year's paper was easy shouldn't that be good sign for us? Maybe they're making it easier Probably not though just my desperation showing =D
    Well it's true that they have been getting progressively easier since 2006.. But my Japanese teacher (who wrote the book :p) said last year's was ridiculously easy and we'll more than likely be getting a harder one this year. :(

Ah You're in Ursula's class She was my oral examiner which was slightly awkward as I was the only one in the school doing it But anyways seeing as she wrote the book I'd say she has a fair idea of what's going on So back to the study room for me... くそ。。。 D=

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Yeah I'm doing it too. I have thursday free beforehand so I'll study then i guess. Oral was grand, can't really tell though how it was. I'm hoping for an A and it's quite an easy exam really so I think I should be able to get it.. The aural and comprehensions are usually ridiculously nice so fingers crossed anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Em anyone here called Sinead? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

There are so many A's in Japanese because out of the few hundred people that do it a fairly high percentage of them are from Japan!

sarah. wrote: »
    There are so many A's in Japanese because out of the few hundred people that do it a fairly high percentage of them are from Japan!
    Well that's a huge bummer

sarah. wrote: »

Source of that information please.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cellery

I really wanted an A1 but my oral really didn't go well.. I had 3 orals & a music practical in the space of 10 days so I was beat by the time I got to Japanese =\
    provided they dont put anything too sneaky on for the compositions I think it'll be okay..
    Having said that there have been some papers with really hard sections :S the comprehension about cake & parfait for example.....

Guys I'm scared :L

cellery wrote: »
    I had 3 orals & a music practical in the space of 10 days

I see your 3 orals and raise you an oral (but minus the music practical) =D

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

._. wrote: »
    Well it's true that they have been getting progressively easier since 2006.. But my Japanese teacher (who wrote the book :p) said last year's was ridiculously easy and we'll more than likely be getting a harder one this year. :(

Wher can I get the book?? Really want to learn Japanese, brilliant for points in the leaving and actually useful afterwards :-D

Sentid wrote: »
    Wher can I get the book?? Really want to learn Japanese, brilliant for points in the leaving and actually useful afterwards :-D

http://www.authentik.ie/books/japanese-books/Nihongo-Kantan/

Thats the only place you can buy it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I'd say it's plausible. Since I've been in my school there's been about 10 Japanese students who come for the leaving cert. There were 3 last year and 1 in my year this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Sentid

Does this book cover the Leaving Cert course??? :D

I see your 3 orals and raise you an oral (but minus the music practical) =D

4 orals?? What languages do you do?
    I'm impressed :P

Are any of you guys thinking of studying Japanese in college? Both DCU & UL have courses with Japanese..
    I'm thinking about business & Japanese in DCU, but the course has changed so there's no knowing what the points will be this year..

Ms.Zimmermann if I remember correctly.

4 orals?? What languages do you do?
    I'm impressed :P
    Why, thank you =D I do French, German, Irish and Japanese
    Are any of you guys thinking of studying Japanese in college? Both DCU & UL have courses with Japanese..
    I want to do Language and Intercultural Studies - Applied in DCU Intending on doing French and Japanese

• Advertisement

I want to do Language and Intercultural Studies - Applied in DCU Intending on doing French and Japanese

I'd love to do that course but my parents don't want me to do only languages =\ ...so business & Japanese is a reasonable second choice :)

...so business & Japanese is a reasonable second choice :)
    Business? Reasonable? NEVER!!!!! Sorry, I just hate business with a passion...

I'd love to do that course but my parents don't want me to do only languages =\ ...so business & Japanese is a reasonable second choice :)

I think if you really want to do languages you should! Then again if you have a like for Business that's perfectly grand as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

What's everyone doing for last minute study today/tomorrow morning.. I guess I'll go over kanji and try o learn lots of vocab cos I've forgotten everything since I last thought about Japanese like two months ago... I think I'll practice a listening paper as well and go over grammar and stuff.. Actually this is seeming like a lit of stuff now! Have to make sure I don't mix up any of my katakana either!! Ahh, maybe I houl start working now.

Just got home from my Ag Science exam.. Going to get something to eat and then hit the books. One more day :D

Just home after my music exam. I'm wrecked & I have the worst headache (anyone else doing music should understand that haha) but I'm all ready to cram Japanese like crazy now!
    What are you guys focusing most on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sader

What level are all you guys taking?
    Im self teaching so i just threw down ordinary was probably a bad idea sense the papers
    seem to be nearly the same. . .

Even if you toke ordinary for oral can you up to higher for writen? oral kinda screwed me though

Sader wrote: »
    What level are all you guys taking?
    Im self teaching so i just threw down ordinary was probably a bad idea sense the papers
    seem to be nearly the same. . .

Even if you toke ordinary for oral can you up to higher for writen? oral kinda screwed me though

I'm doing honours. You can change from honours to pass on the day so I'd say you can do it the other way around too?
    You should check with someone beforehand though..

The oral isn't higher or ordinary, it's common level.

But do ask the principle or something first..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

oral ****ed me over big time..
    i had your one who wrote the book.. but the book is realy bad or so says my teacher..
    was aiming for an A in japanese.. with the oral i think i could maybe scrap a A2..
    havnt touched anything in a month and tried reading some japanese there.. didnt go very well..
    sure feck it.. last exam! :D

Advertisement