Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCの日本語 (Leaving Cert Japanese).

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cellery

Here's to hoping that the entire paper is magically about food or hobbies or something easy peasy like that!

- study today has just been a shocking reminder that I haven't done any Japanese in about a month :P

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭DessieMG

Surely there are 33% of candidates getting A's because they are japanese in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Sader

DessieMG wrote: »
    Surely there are 33% of candidates getting A's because they are japanese in the first place?

True but the test isn't exactly the hardest either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

DessieMG wrote: »

Unless the SEC want to release statistics like that.. We have no way of knowing. But the exam is piss easy.

oral ****ed me over big time..
    i had your one who wrote the book.. but the book is realy bad or so says my teacher..
    was aiming for an A in japanese.. with the oral i think i could maybe scrap a A2..
    havnt touched anything in a month and tried reading some japanese there.. didnt go very well..
    sure feck it.. last exam! :D

She's my teacher :D

The oral didn't go great for me either I think..

I watched an アニメ just there to practice (or at least that's what I'm telling myself it was for) and it was pretty damn good :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

she was pretty nice.. but she was too god damn quiet for my oral.. my teacher said it to her after and she said she'd take it into considersation when marking me afterwards.. like i kept having to say sumimasen but only because i couldnt hear her :(
    what school does she teach in? just out of curiosity :)

She teaches in the Loretto in Wexford.. But I get grind from her on the weekends. One of two people actually :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 ilikemangoes

Lol at that percentage remark. How many students are sitting Japanese? 1000 across the country? I don't believe there are about 300 japanese leaving cert in Ireland... Japanese is an easy leaving cert subject, JLPT N5 standard. If you like the language (I studied it by myself for 4 years before I had a teacher for LC), it's not that hard to get an A1.

That being said...

My orals went HORRIBLE due to way it was examined (complained already obvs - the examiner did not time my preparation and even corrected me during the exam... argh) and partly because I was really nervous (yeah, good excuse for being ****e). Strangely enough, French which I speak far worse went almost too smooth.

Anyway, I need to ace this one. Been really worried about the tape, the quality of school speakers is horrible, I didn't even get entire sections in French tape which generally was found easy... we'll see, I am the only one doing it so maybe I would be allowed to use headphones? That would be almost too beautiful. I just hope the tape won't be as bad as it was in 2006... if you didn't do this one, try it, overall paper was quite tough that year.

I also hope I will do good essays, I only wonder how they are really marked because the marking scheme is so vague... Do you have some sample essays maybe? Do you have some rules for using genkou youshi? (I know the basics, but just like anything Japanese-related it probably has some silly intricacies) I had a really nice jap teacher ( ;( omg past tense), but she never graded the essays... and I can see why, It seems quite tough.

Hopefully the culture related question will be nice and easy... I hate those. They seem like total "ビ エス セクシオン” And I'm never sure what to exactly write about there. And It was always hard to compare the differences and similarities between cultures, even for orals.

So...

みなさん、がんばって! 

(BTW, 誰か日本語で話したいですか。)

no way.. how much do u pay for grinds?.. just in case i have to repeat next year :(

no way.. how much do u pay for grinds?.. just in case i have to repeat next year :(

€40 per hour for one-on-one and then when the two of us went to the same class, it was €25 each, which isn't bad.

• Advertisement

and did u do that once a week yea?..
    pretty handy money for herself.. wouldnt mind being a japanese teacher :p

Yup, once per week :)
    hehe, she's a good teacher though.

I'm off to sleep, がんばって for tomorrow everybody :D

i the only one doing an all nighter :P?

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

I just got up 20 minutes ago in the hopes of actually knowing something for the Japanese exam (also my applied maths exam D=) Last day Woohoo!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cellery

Yay last minute study time guys!
    I can't believe we finally finish today :) it's been dragged out so long :o

wow bad time for me to forget like 1/2 the kanji >_>

Anyway good luck everyone :)

What do you think of it? I thought it was fair, it wasn't too easy, but it wasn't hard, either.

I was completely thrown off by the question on Rain and 大人気 - what was that about? The question about him,where there was no information on him whatsoever was weird. What did you answer? Maybe I didn't get it entirely or skipped something?

Also, wasn't there an extra particle 'no" in the question where we were supposed to put a correct verb form? It looked like a mistake...

I am worried about essays, because it looked really messy and I used really weird grammar I wasn't sure of (bad idea) - we will see. I don't think I got an A1, that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

radiation

so am i the only one who didnt have enough wrote for the diary and wrote

PEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPEROPERO

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Was tough enough I thought. Definitely harder than I was expecting but still though not too bad. Still have my fingers crossed for an A1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Tough? Really? I thought it was brilliant (I almost burst out laughing halfway through the exam) Anyhow I'm really happy now and I'm not gonna post-mortem myself to depression

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Paper was OK but the listening was AWFUL!!! oh well :) finished now! Also Ms.Zimmermann teaches me and she's a really, really good teacher! :)

Yeah I mean like the listening was definitely harder than usual

I don't think listening was that hard.
    Section A wasn't that easy as usual, which was a surprise, but overall it wasn't that bad. I din't get what was this Kabanet company looking for.

Also for "otonage" as it seems, I wrote that it's kanji for... Korean boysband Tohonoshinki : D I am so stupid... I don't know, this question on Rain was just weird, maybe it was me.

We got a really nice cultural question as well - pretty much just list all the technologies and throw in company names and that was it. I also think the question on magazine was quite a nice change from previous years, well, minus this Q on "rein". What did you answer for that?

Should stop post mortem, not that it will change anything no. Enjoy your summer people

I don't think listening was that hard.
    Section A wasn't that easy as usual, which was a surprise, but overall it wasn't that bad. I din't get what was this Kabanet company looking for.

Also for "otonage" as it seems, I wrote that it's kanji for... Korean boysband Tohonoshinki : D I am so stupid... I don't know, this question on Rain was just weird, maybe it was me.

We got a really nice cultural question as well - pretty much just list all the technologies and throw in company names and that was it. I also think the question on magazine was quite a nice change from previous years, well, minus this Q on "rein". What did you answer for that?

Should stop post mortem, not that it will change anything no. Enjoy your summer people

The rain question was easy like just the others really. It mentioned the artists name just before it mentioned the song in the comprehension... You probably just missed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭sarah.

Lol at that percentage remark. How many students are sitting Japanese? 1000 across the country? I don't believe there are about 300 japanese leaving cert in Ireland... Japanese is an easy leaving cert subject, JLPT N5 standard.

Ya there are only about 300 people doing Japanese every year, less even! And that percentage is bang on as well!

http://www.examinations.ie/statistics/statistics_2010/Leaving_Certificate_National_Statistics.pdf

@ruadhan Oh ****, it actually is ridiculously easy! I just had some weird assumption the magazine was talking about Rain, the Korean musician and failed to read the sentences properly. Oh well. That's why post mortems are so bad ; )

@sarah my bad - I did came up with a crazy number, true. That doesn't make the remark that all of As in Japanese Higher Level are thanks to Japanese people any less silly. Japanese is probably the easiest language to get an A in (not counting languages like Polish or Lithuanian aimed at native speakers)... well, good for us!

Really easy exam IMO :D

The listening was a bit dodgy at times, but we'll see..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭T2daK

nuclear fusion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 casperkiid

hey guys, thinking of taking up japanese on my own next year for repeating.. I really have no idea where to start though, I'm a complete beginner! Any help or advice is greatly appreciated. Seriously anything you can tell me about it , thank you! :)

Advertisement