Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LCの日本語 (Leaving Cert Japanese).

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

the exam consists of a written test an oral and an aural.
    the oral is worth 25% im pretty sure and the aural is worth 20%

For the written exam u have to write 2 essays, one is at minimum half and page and the other is around a page.
    You also have to answer on 3 comprehensions, for this u must have a good grasp of both hiragana and katakana and i think the prescribed kanji list has about 200 kanji on it?
    comprehensions have questions that you answer in english and then questions that u answer in japanese. Take a look at some past papers on examination.ie.

Get yourself a good dictionary and learn the katakana and hiragana alphabets and that should get u on a good start

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

There's actually only 103 kanji on the prescribed kanji list Source: The japanese syllabus http://www.curriculumonline.ie/uploadedfiles/PDF/lc_japanese_sy.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

How did you guys do? I'm super nervous about Japanese. Did it seem the oral is marked tough?

I got an A2 =D I think the oral was what brought me down but I don't think it was marked that hard

Nagikami wrote: »
    I got an A2 =D I think the oral was what brought me down but I don't think it was marked that hard

Oh well done, that's awesome.

.....Any tips? :)

• Advertisement

Oh well done, that's awesome.

.....Any tips? :)
    For the oral or just in general?

Nagikami wrote: »
    For the oral or just in general?

Just In general, i'm self studying :o

Just In general, i'm self studying :o
    Ummm Learn thy kanji and also as many combinations of said kanji as possible, Don't panic going into the oral (like I did), listen to people speaking japanese to tune your ear in (such as on japanese dramas or anime or anything you can find) and just do your best really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Is it possible to do the Japanese leaving cert paper even if you're not in school? I just finished 6th year and was thinking about doing the Japanese paper but Im unsure if I can while I'm in college? Ill be self teaching myself because there is no teachers in any of the counties around me that I can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

cocoshovel wrote: »
    Is it possible to do the Japanese leaving cert paper even if you're not in school? I just finished 6th year and was thinking about doing the Japanese paper but Im unsure if I can while I'm in college? Ill be self teaching myself because there is no teachers in any of the counties around me that I can find.
    You most likely can as an external candidate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭._.

Got a B2, exactly what I was expecting.

got a B3.. so wanted higher.. was expecting an A like?!.. teachers pulled a legger off to Japan so ill have to look at the exam myself.. most people in my class seemed unhappy with their results..

got a B3.. so wanted higher.. was expecting an A like?!.. teachers pulled a legger off to Japan so ill have to look at the exam myself.. most people in my class seemed unhappy with their results..

Where you taking grinds or in a class? I'm so worried now that everybody didn't get A1's this year :P Eughh my Japanese really isn't that good. I wasn't expecting an A, but if people with teachers aren't happy with results...

i was in a class.. best in the class even, not meaning to be big headed or anything.. but like i was the most consistant!.. but i got nervous for the oral and messed up so i think thats part of the reason.. but i cant wait to get the exam back to see it..

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

Guys, did you see? The A1 rate in Japanese went down 20% from 33 to 13% !!! how crazy is that? No wonder ye guys are disappointed. I'd say more than 13% of students were Japanese like! Plus the number of students doing the exam are pretty much the same as the last two years as well so that means unless there was a mass exodus of Japanese people from Ireland, they just marked it very very hard this year! I guess it was getting a reputation as an easy A..

Personally I did get an A1 and after seeing these stats, I am ridiculously happy, I'd say nearly everyone else that got them must be native speakers or near native.. I'm not by the way, just normal Irish guy

ruadhan wrote: »
    I guess it was getting a reputation as an easy A..

This is so true, ugh i'm not pleased!

Well done on your A1 though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 cellery

wow 20%? that's loads :o
    I'm feeling a bit better about my A2 now haha

Advertisement