Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox to PC. No connection

• 19-06-2011 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭

I have two laptops. one is XP and one is W7. Neither one can share to my Xbox. I've tried everything I can find online, installed TVersity and the two laptops can see each other now but they dont find an xbox! Tried media centre on the W7 machine and the extender couldnt be found either.

the lappers and connected to my UPC Cisco router via WiFi and the Xbox is wired into the same.

any ideas? Its doing my nut in as with my old laptop and old xbox I just installed Vuze and I could watch my movies on the big screen with the xbox!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 125 ✭✭spoongibbon

This is a known firmware problem with the UPC router. It won't form a connection when there's a wired and wireless connection involved. The only way around it is to wire the laptop and the xbox to your UPC router or buy a new router and use the UPC as a modem only in bridge mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

This is a known firmware problem with the UPC router. It won't form a connection when there's a wired and wireless connection involved. The only way around it is to wire the laptop and the xbox to your UPC router or buy a new router and use the UPC as a modem only in bridge mode.

This is what I did and wmc works perfect.

Advertisement