Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread 2010/2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

brian93 wrote: »
    *Awkward silence*

*Leaves thread*

:D

Ok, I like Kerry way more than Cork! :D

Please stay! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Love me a bit of GAA. I also say G-A-A not Gaaaaa :D

But Clare are pretty fcukin miserable this year so that sucks. Hurling match last weekend was a disaster!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

Hmmmm... ok :rolleyes:

So anyone doing anything interesting for the summer?

Cawcheen wrote: »

But Clare are pretty fcukin miserable this year so that sucks. Hurling match last weekend was a disaster!

I say gaa cause I'm used to my friend saying it!
    Hmmmm... ok :rolleyes:

So anyone doing anything interesting for the summer?

Nope! :( Summer has been and will be so boring except for nights out and our grad/debs!

Yeah, hate it when it's called Gaaaaa!

And true, Clare were cat. Joe Canning's goal was a sight to behold! There is a future there though, with the u21 winning team coming up!

• Advertisement

Yeah, hate it when it's called Gaaaaa!

And true, Clare were cat. Joe Canning's goal was a sight to behold! There is a future there though, with the u21 winning team coming up!

Is he not a Galway player..?! :o Oh wait I know Galway were playing Clare?! Je suis une genius! :D :P

OXEGEN!!! Cant wait!!
    But i'm also in a predicament so please help!!
    Coldplay, Pendulum or Bright Eyes? They ALL Clash :(

OXEGEN!!! Cant wait!!
    But i'm also in a predicament so please help!!
    Coldplay, Pendulum or Bright Eyes? They ALL Clash :(

Defo Coldplay.. If the decision if too hard I'll go instead of you! :P

Defo Coldplay.. If the decision if too hard I'll go instead of you! :P

haha no i think i'll manage, sweet of you to offer though!

Pendulum start a lil before Coldplay so i think ill try and catch some of them first and then peg it over to Coldplay. My wellies are going to have seen better days.

I'd say Coldplay too, not everyday you get the chance to see them! In 10 years time it'll sound more impressive if you said you saw Coldplay :p

Not going, could have gone. Money and effort were the determing factors, and there weren't many big acts I liked. Really want to see Tinie Tempah!

I just got a job for 2 weeks doing a sports camp through Irish, not sure on how much money yet, but I know I'll get a good bit, and it'll be nice to write on the cv cos I'm planning on becoming a teacher. :D

In other bog-news, Dingle and Killarney are 10 times better for Tralee on a night out! Never paying a tenner to go into scummy Fabric again!

• Advertisement

haha no i think i'll manage, sweet of you to offer though!

Pendulum start a lil before Coldplay so i think ill try and catch some of them first and then peg it over to Coldplay. My wellies are going to have seen better days.

Bring an iPod and listen to Coldplay while watching Pendulum! :D

I'd say Coldplay too, not everyday you get the chance to see them! In 10 years time it'll sound more impressive if you said you saw Coldplay :p

Not going, could have gone. Money and effort were the determing factors, and there weren't many big acts I liked. Really want to see Tinie Tempah!

I just got a job for 2 weeks doing a sports camp through Irish, not sure on how much money yet, but I know I'll get a good bit, and it'll be nice to write on the cv cos I'm planning on becoming a teacher. :D

In other bog-news, Dingle and Killarney are 10 times better for Tralee on a night out! Never paying a tenner to go into scummy Fabric again!

I too would have loved to go but when you add the ticket, tent, drink etc. the money is immense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭DaveMur1

Nope! :( Summer has been and will be so boring except for nights out and our grad/debs!

F**k the debs school has it scheduled for Saturday 1st October.

Boxing > Rugby > GAA ;)

Oxegen!!! Deadmau5 all the way.

DaveMur1 wrote: »

Boxing > Rugby > GAA ;)

Our school has nothing to d o with ours! It's better that way! :D

No no no..

Real Ciara:
    Rugby > Gaa > Boxing

Boards LilMissCiara:
    Gaa > Rugby > Boxing

:P

Boxing > Rugby > GAA ;)

I'd have it the other way around, but I did see the Haye-Klitschko fight and it was pretty good. Basketball is where it's at though, but it looks like there will be a lockout next season in the NBA :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭brownlad

Boxing > Rugby > GAA ;)

damn rite....deadmau5 indeed lol

I'd have it the other way around, but I did see the Haye-Klitschko fight and it was pretty good. Basketball is where it's at though, but it looks like there will be a lockout next season in the NBA :eek:

what ya mean a lockout....and why?

Bring an iPod and listen to Coldplay while watching Pendulum! :D

Now why didnt i think of that? :p Yeah its so expensive, dont think il be able to afford college after it :L I was reading the oxegen discussion thread that was on here and one fella said he spent €120 on sausages and chips last year. CRAZY :eek:
    Last year my friend got fake money back as change as well and when it rained all the dye washed off her money.. eeeeep! I hope i'll be sober enough to tell the difference!

Our school has nothing to d o with ours! It's better that way! :D

No no no..

Real Ciara:
    Rugby > Gaa > Boxing

Boards LilMissCiara:
    Gaa > Rugby > Boxing

:P

so you prefer rugby to gaa?

Excuse me if im mistaken i have always had a problem with greater than and less than signs lol

Now why didnt i think of that? :p Yeah its so expensive, dont think il be able to afford college after it :L I was reading the oxegen discussion thread that was on here and one fella said he spent €120 on sausages and chips last year. CRAZY :eek:
    Last year my friend got fake money back as change as well and when it rained all the dye washed off her money.. eeeeep! I hope i'll be sober enough to tell the difference!

Yeah bringing up drink is grand you can stock up on deals for a few months but the food part is so expensive. The thought's of burgers from a van for 4 days straight turns my stomach!

• Advertisement

brownlad wrote: »
    so you prefer rugby to gaa?

Excuse me if im mistaken i have always had a problem with greater than and less than signs lol

In real life yes, but here no just to annoy you! :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭what.to.do

Rugby is beautifuuuuuuul...

all those manly men, playing a manly sport..BEAUTIFUL.

Yeah bringing up drink is grand you can stock up on deals for a few months but the food part is so expensive. The thought's of burgers from a van for 4 days straight turns my stomach!

benefits of living close to oxegen...i can stroll home shower ,sleep and stroll back in :P

benefits of living close to oxegen...i can stroll home shower ,sleep and stroll back in :P

You not camping?! Sissy! :p

what ya mean a lockout....and why?

A lockout means either there won't be a season or it'll be shortened. More then likely it will be the latter, but it's undecided yet. It happened 13 years ago, and the season was about 58 games long instead of 82.

The NBA teams are owned by owners (grrrr) who use their own money to run things, for example Michael Jordan owns the Charlotte Bobcats, and Mark Cuban the Dallas Mavericks. As far as I know they pay for everything, and the players salary has to be kept under like $60 million. Then there's loads of crap about salary tax and the rest. I think it's because the players are overpayed.

Joe Johnson is a good player, not even near great, but he earns $20 million plus a year. They need to make changes alright, pity it's gonna happen the first year I don't have parents not allowing me stay up in the middle of the night to watch the games!

A lockout means either there won't be a season or it'll be shortened. More then likely it will be the latter, but it's undecided yet. It happened 13 years ago, and the season was about 58 games long instead of 82.

The NBA teams are owned by owners (grrrr) who use their own money to run things, for example Michael Jordan owns the Charlotte Bobcats, and Mark Cuban the Dallas Mavericks. As far as I know they pay for everything, and the players salary has to be kept under like $60 million. Then there's loads of crap about salary tax and the rest. I think it's because the players are overpayed.

Joe Johnson is a good player, not even near great, but he earns $20 million plus a year. They need to make changes alright, pity it's gonna happen the first year I don't have parents not allowing me stay up in the middle of the night to watch the games!

That is one expensive hobby! :eek:

if it were up to me i would....but last year something happened and now your wan is not mad about camping....so il have to forfeit the muck, and vomit...ahhh darn it :P

if it were up to me i would....but last year something happened and now your wan is not mad about camping....so il have to forfeit the muck, and vomit...ahhh darn it :P

Whipppppped! :P

ah right...this is the first im hearing of the lockout though....i agree with the overpayed thing alrite...like kobe got what a hundred mill for four years....and he is not worth it.....and apparently celtics offered rajon rondo 90 mil for 4 years too

• Advertisement

Whipppppped! :P
    not...just a nice guy.... :D

Advertisement