Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread 2010/2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Hated irish but only because I really don't understand it. French I loved but my teacher couldn't stand me so I suffered big time :(

All the rest were ok. English was always my best though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

Hated irish but only because I really don't understand it. French I loved but my teacher couldn't stand me so I suffered big time :(

All the rest were ok. English was always my best though.

I started Irish when I was 10 so I have an excuse! :pac:

French teacher was a notorius bítch, left at Christmas to have a baby and when we eventually got a replacement (the lady we were supposed to have got a better offer somewhere else) she was lovely. She almost ignited a love for French in me.

My English teacher was my Leaving Cert mentor and she fúcking loved me so I always found English ok, even though I'm pretty shít at it...

Best teacher EVER though was my maths and physics teacher. She was our year head and sooooooo lovely, especially in Physics! :D

I started Irish when I was 10 so I have an excuse! :pac:

French teacher was a notorius bítch, left at Christmas to have a baby and when we eventually got a replacement (the lady we were supposed to have got a better offer somewhere else) she was lovely. She almost ignited a love for French in me.

My English teacher was my Leaving Cert mentor and she fúcking loved me so I always found English ok, even though I'm pretty shít at it...

Best teacher EVER though was my maths and physics teacher. She was our year head and sooooooo lovely, especially in Physics! :D

My best teacher had to be my history teacher. Absolute legend :p I never saw a teacher connect so well with her students before. She came across as an 18 year old herself.

I had 6 different biology teachers over the two years! Its a wonder I like biology at all. The last one of course decided she didn't like me. First day she had us: "You blondie, you look like a chatterbox, MOVE."
    I don't take well to being called blondie.

My best teacher had to be my history teacher. Absolute legend :p I never saw a teacher connect so well with her students before. She came across as an 18 year old herself.

I had 6 different biology teachers over the two years! Its a wonder I like biology at all. The last one of course decided she didn't like me. First day she had us: "You blondie, you look like a chatterbox, MOVE."
    I don't take well to being called blondie.

I hated my history teacher (I eventually dropped it).. She was a tool and picked on me. After I left she moved on to someone else. She was lovely to me after I left though..! :confused:

6?! :eek: Jesus Blondie! :P

I hated my history teacher (I eventually dropped it).. She was a tool and picked on me. After I left she moved on to someone else. She was lovely to me after I left though..! :confused:

6?! :eek: Jesus Blondie! :P

Yup the first and second were great actually did more than just read form the book.

The most bizarre thing was when I teacher I didn't even have decided she didn't like me. I never spent ten minutes in her company but she regularly said things about me to her students :pac:

• Advertisement

The most bizarre thing was when I teacher I didn't even have decided she didn't like me. I never spent ten minutes in her company but she regularly said things about me to her students :pac:

Oh Lord..!

All the teachers in my school love me.. Except my business one hated me between Christmas of Leaving Cert and the day our mock results came out (go figure! ;) :P).. I am such a model student!

Oh Lord..!

All the teachers in my school love me.. Except my business one hated me between Christmas of Leaving Cert and the day our mock results came out (go figure! ;) :P).. I am such a model student!

Such a model student I'm sure :p

I wonder will anyone from DCU actually join us :confused:

Such a model student I'm sure :p

I wonder will anyone from DCU actually join us :confused:

I was a model student! Always smiling and helping people out! :pac:

You mean when we start our epic DCU off topic thread in a few weeks (:eek:) time?! :P

I was a model student! Always smiling and helping people out! :pac:

You mean when we start our epic DCU off topic thread in a few weeks (:eek:) time?! :P

Haha no I mean the DCU thread in here.

Haha no I mean the DCU thread in here.

Oh right..

Let's be honest though... Most people who are even vaguely aware of this thread will probably stay miles away from it like! :pac:

We should ask to get it's name changed again so maybe more people might use it? Oh wait... You weren't here for the last name change.. Anyway..... :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

Let's be honest though... Most people who are even vaguely aware of this thread will probably stay miles away from it like! :pac::p

Challenge Accepted So... did I hear something about somebody actually reading books?

Nagikami wrote: »
    Challenge Accepted So... did I hear something about somebody actually reading books?

Books? Maybe? What do you know?

Teeny reads... But get this.. She's blonde! :eek: I know, I know.. It's shocking! :P

Teeny, Teeny.. We have a visitor! :eek: :pac: :cool:

Teeny reads... But get this.. She's blonde! :eek: I know, I know.. It's shocking! :P

Teeny, Teeny.. We have a visitor! :eek: :pac: :cool:

I'm actually so excited right now I can't even keep the book in my hands!:p

I know there is currently about 500 or so various fantasy books on a book shelf in my room that is about to break from the weight of it all cool.gif

Maybe she's a ginger in disguise... *dramatic music*

I'm actually so excited right now I can't even keep the book in my hands!:p

I know... Excitement! :D Lol..

If any mods actually read this (which I suppose ye have to, poor things :P) could ya change the title of the thread to something a bit different.. Place could do with a make-over and a few new faces... Thanks! :)

Nah, everyone knows that gingers can't read! :pac:

Nah, everyone knows that gingers can't read! :pac:

Haha Luckily no gingers can read this or they'd get very upset

I know there is currently about 500 or so various fantasy books on a book shelf in my room that is about to break from the weight of it all cool.gif

500? Not too shabby :rolleyes: I have around 500 myself but most are scattered around the house and garden shed. Can't say I have a specific genre but there's a good mixture of history books going around here aswell.

Ginger in disguise :eek: I'm appalled.

500? Not too shabby :rolleyes: I have around 500 myself but most are scattered around the house and garden shed. Can't say I have a specific genre but there's a good mixture of history books going around here aswell.
    I would have more but I've a small room and can only fit the one bookshelf D=

Appalled that we're onto you?

• Advertisement

Haha Luckily no gingers can read this or they'd get very upset

That is a very true fact! :P

I stuck up for ya babes! :D

Anyone anything else to talk about other than books?! :P

[QUOTE=LilMissCiara;73577200
    Anyone anything else to talk about other than books?! :P[/QUOTE]

Is there anything more interesting? =D

Hahaha I'm definitley not a ginger :pac:

Ciara just get use to the fact that books are amazing :p

So is our new visitor a possible DCU candidate also?! :rolleyes:

Ciara just get use to the fact that books are amazing :p

Books are a waste of trees! :P

Yup 1st choice on my CAO: Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies Now all I have to do is wait for August 17th D= I'll probably cry that day

Yup 1st choice on my CAO: Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies Now all I have to do is wait for August 17th D= I'll probably cry that day

Million dollar question:

Barrys or Lyons?

Million dollar question:

Barrys or Lyons?

Damn I'm not even eligible for the question Umm Nescafe :o

Your actuary business is a waste of trees!:p

You my friend are interesting :p

• Advertisement

Damn I'm not even eligible for the question Umm Nescafe :o

Euuuuugh.... We'll count you as a Barrys so! :P
    Your actuary business is a waste of trees!:p

Actually Teeny, you joining me and Aoife for tea in DCU?! :L

You're a waste of sperm! :D :cool:

Worst joke ever. Meh! :pac:

Advertisement