Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Leaving Cert Off-Topic Thread 2010/2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Teeny you freak! :rolleyes: :P

I am indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

I am indeed.

I'm glad you're taking it so well! :rolleyes: :D

I'm glad you're taking it so well! :rolleyes: :D

I'm a strange person I'm used to it :P

I'm a strange person I'm used to it :P

Babes, Brownie never came back after being mean! :pac:

Babes, Brownie never came back after being mean! :pac:

Yeah he really has disappeared :S

• Advertisement

Yeah he really has disappeared :S

Meh.. Oh well! :D :P

Meh.. Oh well! :D :P

You've clearly missed him :pac:

You've clearly missed him :pac:

Like a hole in the head. I mean, so, so much! :P

Like a hole in the head. I mean, so, so much! :P
    I wonder what you'd say about me if I wasn't here :(

I wonder what you'd say about me if I wasn't here :(

Don't tell me to play in traffic and I'd miss you this:
    |
    | much! :D :P

I may moan about you making me read but that's all!

• Advertisement

Don't tell me to play in traffic and I'd miss you this:
    |
    | much! :D :P

I may moan about you making me read but that's all!

You were the one who asked for a book!

You were the one who asked for a book!

To read leisurely at my own pace.. Not to have a deadline and a quiz.. :pac:

To read leisurely at my own pace.. Not to have a deadline and a quiz.. :pac:

Ok ok read away at your own pleasure.

Ok ok read away at your own pleasure.

Do I still get a drink for finishing it?! :pac: Not that it's the only reason I'm reading! :P

Do I still get a drink for finishing it?! :pac: Not that it's the only reason I'm reading! :P

I'll see :rolleyes:

I'll see :rolleyes:

I haven't read a book (bar one and bar the Leaving Cert comparative) in like a year! :eek: I think if I finish this I deserve a drink! :pac: :D

I haven't read a book (bar one and bar the Leaving Cert comparative) in like a year! :eek: I think if I finish this I deserve a drink! :pac: :D

I think that is fair enough! Sure you can join my book club in DCU :D

I think that is fair enough! Sure you can join my book club in DCU :D

I saw you posted in C&H... You can never leave now! :pac:

In a book club don't ya have to read a book a week though?! You'll kick me out tbh! :P

I saw you posted in C&H... You can never leave now! :pac:

In a book club don't ya have to read a book a week though?! You'll kick me out tbh! :P
    I had to it was about a book!

No I'll keep ya around to make tea :rolleyes:

I had to it was about a book!

No I'll keep ya around to make tea :rolleyes:

I make lovely tea! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I make lovely tea! :D
    mrsdoyle.jpg

mrsdoyle.jpg

Ehhhhhhh nah! :P

Randy it's nice to know you can't bring yourself to properly leave this thread! :pac: :P

Oh, I think this thread has a diminishing life-span tbh. :)

Results out next week, and it would be nice to have a fresh general chat thread which might have less of an IRC / FB chat / MSN type atmosphere, and would be more generally welcoming to those who haven't been around for a while. ;)

Oh, I think this thread has a diminishing life-span tbh. :)

Results out next week, and it would be nice to have a fresh general chat thread which might have less of an IRC / FB chat / MSN type atmosphere, and would be more generally welcoming to those who haven't been around for a while. ;)

No need to be so happy about it! :( :P

And hey, I did try a few times to get more people to post here! The last 2 thread name changes we're because of me wanting more people so I'm very welcoming! You can't say we didn't try!

And hey, I did try a few times to get more people to post here! The last 2 thread name changes were because of me wanting more people so I'm very welcoming! You can't say we didn't try!
    You did, in fairness.

But here's the thing, and this is what I've been saying to you for several weeks ... once a thread becomes an ongoing chat between 2 / 3 / 4 people, and it goes on for a while, and the thread becomes long, it tends to make other people feel excluded and hesitant to jump in.

That doesn't imply that there's any intent to exclude or be clique-y ... it's just the way of the (virtual) world!

Which is why such intensive chats between two's or three's don't really suit online discussion forums like Boards, and are better confined to dedicated chat platforms like MSN / FB chat / Googlechat (or IRC if the group is slightly larger) which have a slightly different ambience and raison d'etre, and are adapted better for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Ciara's just not welcoming enough :(

You did, in fairness.

But here's the thing, and this is what I've been saying to you for several weeks ... once a thread becomes an ongoing chat between 2 / 3 / 4 people, and it goes on for a while, and the thread becomes long, it tends to make other people feel excluded and hesitant to jump in.

That doesn't imply that there's any intent to exclude or be clique-y ... it's just the way of the (virtual) world!

Which is why such intensive chats between two's or three's don't really suit online discussion forums like Boards, and are better confined to dedicated chat platforms like MSN / FB chat / Googlechat (or IRC if the group is slightly larger) which have a slightly different ambience and raison d'etre, and are adapted better for that purpose.

I know you've said it but like, we disagreed with ya so we stayed. Head wreckin' and all as it is for you! :P Don't worry though, we'll be gone soon! :(
    AdamD wrote: »
    Ciara's just not welcoming enough :(

I completely beg to differ! :eek:

At this rate my sleeping pattern will have pushed so far forward that instead of going to collect my results at 9am on Wednesday ill be falling asleep

AdamD wrote: »
    At this rate my sleeping pattern will have pushed so far forward that instead of going to collect my results at 9am on Wednesday ill be falling asleep

3.30 is an ok time for me! :o Lie-ins are turning out to be a terrible, terrible thing!

I don't think I'll sleep at all on Tuesday night! I'll get my results, come home, fall asleep, wake up and go out! :D

• Advertisement

3 30 wouldnt be too bad but for me not feeling sleepy at all
    3.30 is an ok time for me! :o Lie-ins are turning out to be a terrible, terrible thing!

I don't think I'll sleep at all on Tuesday night! I'll get my results, come home, fall asleep, wake up go see the inbetweeners movie then go out! :D
    Fixed :cool:

Advertisement