Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary connection.

Options
  • 19-06-2011 8:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

I had my house rewired a couple of years ago. At the time the electrician told me that he had connected to the meter with a temporary connection and told the esb to come round to do a permanent connection.

By the looks of things this was never done.

Will it made any difference? We haven't had any power problems and have certainly got plenty of bills.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

He would have had to pay for a visit from networks to connect the new tails. They are probably in connector blocks just below the meter, and electrically ok, but shouldn't be left like that. As he said only temp. Think is you would need a cert, did he provide one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Auxred,

ESB Networks are the people you need to contact about this. Their full contact details are listed here.

You might also find the following post of some use: When to Contact ESB Networks.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement