Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe for a perfect nights gaming.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Wait for GF to 'go out with the girls'.
    Turn sound up to normally considered 'too loud' level.
    Start playing mid to late evening.
    Look at watch - 11:30pm
    Game for a short while
    Look at watch - 4:45am
    Go to sleep and relive the entire night's gaming in vivid dreams about shooting aliens in the face with a shotgun or scrambling across a few square miles of total wasteland looking for a pair of scissors and a rubber tube.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Man you have some will power....I ended up going to the take that concert with my gf so I guess I failed at the 1st hurdle

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭Laisurg

Perfect gaming night would have to be a bag of weed and a good rpg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭eco2live

The perfect gaming night would be a blowjob from the girl all hot and bothered after watching the take that gig and then when she goes to bed back for more gaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

Havent played with a week due to work so im looking forward to friday night when i can actually finish dead space extraction with a nice pizza and a couple bottles of miller. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

weiland79 wrote: »
    When i arrive home from work tomorrow evening at approx 18.40 my house will be empty.

Completely devoid of wifey and kids until Sunday evening at about 18.00.

The beer is already in the fridge for maximum chilled effect. I will probably gorge on lets eat in all weekend ( i particularly like their special wings with blue cheese dip)

I will live in my tracksuit.

Uncharted beta is downloaded and installed.
    Demons souls will be completed.
    And i have my new KZ3 map packs to explore.

Besides the blue cheese dip... very nice lazy weekend idd !!! Can i come ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

My perfect ingredients are:
    • GF gone to Limerick for the weekend (work or social, i care not)
    • 1 multipack of Snacks/Chickatees/Wheelies
    • 2x Box of Sour Cream and Onion Pringles
    • 2x Large bags of Perri Onion Rings
    • 24x Cans of Coke
    • 12x Cans of St Etienne (Aldi supplied only, €9.98, nicer than any other beer)
    • 2x Pack of Chocolate Praline Seashells from Lidl
    • 2x Large bag of Nobbys Chilli Nuts
    • LoK: SR1, SR2, BO2, Defiance
    • Surround Sound
    • Some *cough*appropriated*cough* New Releases

I intend on using everthing on that list next Friday night (8th) until the Monday, expecting at the most 12 hours sleep altogether, and building up my case for never having kids! (Don't tell her!)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭CL32

My god man. My liver might be taking a pounding but those arteries of yours aren't going to thank you for all those delicious, salty snacks.

Take a bite out of an apple when you come out the other end of that session and live to fight another day :)

24 cans of coke?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

1. Burdocks.
    2. 3 500ML Redbull.
    3. Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really don't like being drunk while playing games.

When it's playing games with friends over or lan parties though the drunker the better.
    QIA

SRPGs and booze just don't mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Kids being away on an over night.
    10 2l litre bottles of coke
    4 2L bottles of pepsi
    box of tayto
    4 packets of haribo starmix
    4 large dominoes pizza
    9 sets of dice
    all the gaming group showing up and on time
    all off the char sheets being there and not missing.
    No one taking phone calls for the duration
    Running Grimdark This! A “Deathwatch” game for 5 very Angry Marines.

I'm starting to think I don't drink enough cola. Does the caffeine evelvate your skillz to new heights?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,466 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

2 x chilled Sauvignon Blanc
    1 x fish and chips dinner from local chipper
    tonight it will be The Witcher 2 followed by a bit of L2D or Battlefield Heroes when i can't concentrate enough :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

1. Burdocks.
    2. 3 500ML Redbull.
    3. Call of Duty.

4. Aneurysm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

weiland79 wrote: »
    When i arrive home from work tomorrow evening at approx 18.40 my house will be empty.

Completely devoid of wifey and kids until Sunday evening at about 18.00.

The beer is already in the fridge for maximum chilled effect. I will probably gorge on lets eat in all weekend ( i particularly like their special wings with blue cheese dip)

I will live in my tracksuit.

Uncharted beta is downloaded and installed.
    Demons souls will be completed.
    And i have my new KZ3 map packs to explore.

I should have seen it coming.

She has left me......

Chores!!!!! to do.

Thought she was going away far to easily.

Mental note to self.

Get home this evening and blast the sh!t out of the chores be done by 9 o'clock enjoy rest of weekend!

Do not sit down before chores are done, do not sit down do not sit down otherwise i will be panic cleaning at 16.30 Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

1x Nandos take away or Eddie Rockets
    1x Girlfriend
    1x Copy of Borderlands or Portal 2
    10x Hoegaardens
    3x West Coast Coolers
    1x Mini Fridge for aforementioned beers and lady ale.

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    4. Aneurysm
    I dont drink or smoke so I have to risk my health somehow! :P

I'm starting to think I don't drink enough cola. Does the caffeine evelvate your skillz to new heights?
    It helps me big time! 3 Nukes in a row in MW with my 3 Redbull pack. Considering injecting one of the high concentrate bottles into my heart, Ala an adrenaline shot. Risky :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

1. Burdocks.
    2. 3 500ML Redbull.
    3. Battlefield.

Fixed

I generally don't take notice of the Battlefield posse, but when someone is ''fixing'' what I say, I can't resist. It was right the first time Smartar5e.

1. Burdocks.
    2. 3 500ML Redbull.
    3. Call of Duty.

Just fixing that last one.

( Nothing against Battlefield by the way, with the exception of the pathetic 30 frames per second. Battlefield 3 is continuing that trend FYI.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ryan451

I generally don't take notice of the Battlefield posse, but when someone is ''fixing'' what I say, I can't resist. It was right the first time Smartar5e.

1. Burdocks.
    2. 3 500ML Redbull.
    3. Call of Duty.

Just fixing that last one.

( Nothing against Battlefield by the way, with the exception of the pathetic 30 frames per second. Battlefield 3 is continuing that trend FYI.

We PC Gamers are not limited to a "pathetic" 30 Frames Per Second like you console peasants.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

For a perfect night, hmmm.

• Supply of Coke
    • Vast amount of food
    • PS3
    • Friends
    • Headset
    • Controller
    • SOME MÓTHAAA FUCCCCCCKIN GAMES
    • Oh and an empty house.

Ryan451 wrote: »
    We PC Gamers are not limited to a "pathetic" 30 Frames Per Second like you console peasants.
    I never understood shelling out 1000 plus euro for a decent rig when consoles are more than acceptable . . . . . . but hey its your money dude! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Mensch Maschine

I don't live with my girlfriend, yet. Will do when we move to Canada though.

I'm at home so I can game when I want but not how I want unless everyone is away. My T.V. and Xbox are in my bedroom and I get to play lying down or sitting up - whatever I prefer. So I'm grateful!

But the ideal night in would be:

A few beers and/or a spliffter
    Comfy chair with access to everything I want around me
    Coke if no beer
    Curtains closed if it isn't completely dark out
    Phone on silent

One thing the OP mention - why would you have to try get in to the good books again?

Thankfully my girlfriend wouldn't be in to Take That, nor try bring me to something like that - previous poster I'm looking in your direction.

Some games I can play and the gf/ wanted to watch, Like Mass Effect and L.A. Noire :D I set her up a profile so she can change the clothes on her avatar. She likes that. Phase 1. Completed. Now I'm gonna find her a game she's like. She wants to play Little Big Planet but I can't afford to buy a PS3 right now. Hmm ..we'll see. Bruhhahaha

@Ryan: Gas, us console peasants don't notice framerate unless we downgraded (can you?) or upgraded (which is nice when you see it) The only way is up for us and the only way is down for you guys. It doesn't bother me in the slightest which is why I'm so happy I didn't get caught up in having to have the best graphics for everything. Because, when you have the best it's hard to have anything otherwise. But, when you're somewhere in the middle there' always something to look forward to and room for improvement. I know you were only joking but just had to point that out to others that may read :D

Advertisement