Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I have trouble with my GP!

• 19-06-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

PLEASE can anybody recommend a good doctor who listening in problems and is helpful around Limerick city? My own GP is not helping me and I remain increasingly worse and worse! The last time she even didn't explain anything about my smear test results which she should couz I have bad results!!!
    I have a feeling that she does not like single mothers or something!!!
    Please any recommendations would be great!
    Also who accept medical cards!
    THANX

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

dr lee is suppose to be very good. http://limerick.ratemyarea.com/places/dr-patrick-lee-125808

deals with alot of mothers aswell. its a practice so there are a few doctors male and female working there

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭sophie22

kukazhina wrote: »
    PLEASE can anybody recommend a good doctor who listening in problems and is helpful around Limerick city? My own GP is not helping me and I remain increasingly worse and worse! The last time she even didn't explain anything about my smear test results which she should couz I have bad results!!!
    THANX

Thats funny because im having the same problem with mine. She writes me up all these prescriptions and doesnt even tell me what there for, by the time I get to the pharmacy ive to ask them what Im taking its ridiculous!! And im not a mother so if its the same one she just treats all her patients like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Next to peoples park - Dr. Daly who is absolutly brilliant! Besides him, Dr. Boylan in Windmill lane is very good too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Dr Gillian Boland in Dooradoyle is great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Top Doc in the Corbally Clinic Dr Grey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

I can recommend Dr Ray O'Conner in Kileely / Woodview, very professional, won't leave a stoned unturned, straight talker, no bull****, real genuine guy, top notch.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

If you want to recommend someone, please do, but please remember that medical history can be very personal and also that your opinion on medical professionals may not be agreed by all, so please, if you have something negative to say, please save your fingers and don't type

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

Dr. Rowsome in Charlotte's Quay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭slinky2000

Mc Love wrote: »
    Top Doc in the Corbally Clinic Dr Grey

I'll vote for Dr Grey too. Been in there many a time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,813 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Dr. james reichter on convent st. very calm and reassuring a good people person.

and takes medical cards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭SoCo2009

Next to peoples park - Dr. Daly who is absolutly brilliant! Besides him, Dr. Boylan in Windmill lane is very good too!

Dr. Daly is actually gone from that surgery now.

You're right though. Hes a top man and doctor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Dr Seuss is quite good, but a little unorthodox

Not sure about medical cards, but he is very good with children

• Registered Users Posts: 40 vervevalley

kukazhina wrote: »
    THANX

I would highly recommand Dr.Boland, Dooradoyle Medical Center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭katiebelle

You need to be careful though because a lot of the doctors may not be taking on anymore medical card patients . They have reached their quota. Also I think I heard something about new rules that you have be within a certain distance of your doctor on the medical card. Now I am a good bit from my doctor but I got my card before these new rules were introduced. Does anyone have any info about that rule because I may be getting it totally wrong.

Advertisement