Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Toshiba Thrive Tablet

• 19-06-2011 9:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭

Any opinions on the new Android Toshiba Thrive, certainley looks and is speced out very well?
    http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/tablet.to

Who would be the reseller in Ireland and for that matter Northern Ireland when it is released?
    Like the fact it has flash, long battery life and has the USB, HDMI ports. Hoping to get one to replace an Acer Aspire 751 Netbook, any opinions on this?
    Also, which version would suit, 8GB, 16 GB or 32 GB?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I imagine currys/pcworld will stock it, they've been pushing tablets recently. You could try asking on their "talk to" forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭beardo81

Certainly looks very well and is indeed specced out nicely. If they can keep the price down in euros I think it would be a bargain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Seems to be a few models being launched in July,
    The Lenova Ideapad, HP Touch and Toshiba Thrive,

Review of the Motorola Xoom not very good, so await reviews on the above. Still wonder just how good or better than a netbook these will be. Need the power of an I5 laptop on the web but not the size or weight:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Thrive to be released on July 10th.

Hope its gets a good review by Cnet. has all the ports I want, just want to know will it make my net book obsolete so I can upgrade :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Saw this in Tesco for €400. Good specs but no demo model!

• Advertisement
Advertisement