Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Basket to Post script

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Item|Price
    Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150|€347.99
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 4GB GDDR5|€374.99
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb/s 250 GB|€109.99
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€851.96

Item|Price
    Intel Core i7-4790K Box, LGA1150|€€ 339
    MSI GeForce GTX 970 Gaming 4G, 4GB GDDR5|€€ 369
    Samsung SSD 850 EVO SATA 6Gb / s 250GB|€€ 112
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€NaN

Using the geizhals.de discount site is whats messing it up! Hadn't considered that! Thanks anyways Fluffy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Using the geizhals.de discount site is whats messing it up! Hadn't considered that! Thanks anyways Fluffy :)

No problem :)

I'll see if I can get it working with geizhals.de too

Seems to be working for me even after putting it through http://geizhals.de/
    Maybe I'm doing it differently though,
    1. Copy URL for item in my basket
    2. Search for the URL on geizhals.de
    3. Select the product
    4. Scroll down to the HWVS link
    5. Click it
    After that, the item in my basket is now at the lower (or sometimes higher :confused:) price. However, the basket is no different and the script works exactly the same for me.
    Are you doing something different that causes the basket to be rendered differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

That's exactly what I was doing :confused:

Works fine for me in Firefox actually

That's exactly what I was doing :confused:

Works fine for me in Firefox actually

I tried it in Chrome too and it worked. These are the kinds of issues that are really annoying :mad:

I actually started some work on a script to automatically do the price reducing thing, but I don't think it's possible to automate the entire thing so I stopped. You can find the script on Github too https://github.com/fluffy88/Basket-Parser/blob/master/hwvs_price_reducer.js. Right now all it does is open a new tab with the search page on http://geizhals.de/ for each item in your basket. It takes a little bit of the work out of it, but it's still mostly manual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

I'm probably being thick here but pasting the script into a bookmark in FF 36 doesn't seem to work at all. FF puts a bunch of %20's in it which might have an effect?

I click the bookmark, but there are no results. I've gone through this thread and the github wiki, am I missing something?

Edit: randomly deleting a few spaces here and there in the bookmark, even though FF recreated them as %20, makes it work...

I'm probably being thick here but pasting the script into a bookmark in FF 36 doesn't seem to work at all. FF puts a bunch of %20's in it which might have an effect?

I click the bookmark, but there are no results. I've gone through this thread and the github wiki, am I missing something?

Edit: randomly deleting a few spaces here and there in the bookmark, even though FF recreated them as %20, makes it work...

Firefox does that, don't make a difference to the script at all.

%20 is the URL encoding for a space, so Firefox interprets the script exactly the same whether the script uses spaces or %20.

Funny that it didn't work initially. Maybe you happened to fix something else while replacing some of the %20's. If you get the chance, try copying the script from GitHub again and see does it work this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Tried all the variations before it worked, I think! Even copying from github appeared to insert extra text at the end of the script. No idea why it eventually decided to work.

Advertisement