Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HL History Essays

• 19-06-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for A1 standard history essays on a range of topics, as my cousin is going into 6th year next year, he doesn't have a great teacher and I want to give him as much help as possible, and I can only offer him the ones I had studied, which isn't a lot.
    So if you would be so kind, I'd appreciate any essays you have on the following:

Origins and growth of fascism
    World War 2
    Technology of Warfare
    Anglo American Popular Culture
    Mussolini's Foreign Policy

The Moon Landing
    The successes and failures of the Presidency of Nixon and/or Truman
    American economy - boom and recession
    Troubled affluence - urban poverty, crime and drugs

The Eucharistic Congress
    The consequences of the Easter Rising
    The rise of Sinn Fein
    CnaG and FF Foreign Policy contrasted

I'm sure many of your essays are merely ash at this stage, as my Irish notes are, but if you have them saved on your computers I'd very much appreciate them. Thanks very much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭GSI

I don't think anyone wants to look at history essays ever again tbh on this forum:/

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Nagikami

I have an essay on Origins and Growth of Fascism and I think I have one for Mussolini's Foreign Policy but I think that's all I have as our class didn't do those other topics... I'll type up my essays tomorrow after my physics exam and send them to you then

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

GSI, I completely agree and am the same myself, but its worth a try and Nagikami, thank you very much :) Keep um coming people! :D

Whew Finally done The Rise of Fascism essay is divided up into Italy and Germany so your cousin'll have to just take the relevant bits from each part to make a joint one And I found out that I do have an essay on Mussolini's Foreign Policy but I'm way too tired to type it up right now so I'll send it to you later =D

Take your time there's no rush - thanks for this :) how did physics go?

• Advertisement

Way better than I expected actually (The 3 experiments I knew best came up) Maybe I'm earning good karma on this thread =D

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Smartly Dressed

Your email address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Before you go bearing gifts, ask your cousin what he finds easier to learn .I know a lot of us on here prefer learning the key facts and understanding how they inter linked to the next one. This year's exam more than anything showed the state exam are trying to move away from those who learn copious amounts of A1 essays and tbh for the stress and pressure compared to just learning the points and formulating your own essay it's not worth it.

I only ask for essays because that's what I assume people will have. I agree that it's not a good idea to just learn a specific essay, cause you never know what way it will be asked. I'll tell my cousin all this. I plan on breaking them down into paragraphs that can be learned and applied to different questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

I only ask for essays because that's what I assume people will have. I agree that it's not a good idea to just learn a specific essay, cause you never know what way it will be asked. I'll tell my cousin all this. I plan on breaking them down into paragraphs that can be learned and applied to different questions.

Cool, well i have a couple of A4 pages of plans done out if i can scan.

I also have flashcards for essays i wouldn't mind donating to a good cause, as i dislike the majority of the 5th year History class. They don't seem to get the gay / nerd banter that has to go on in a History class....

• Advertisement
Advertisement