Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PPC 1 2011 - Accommodation?

• 19-06-2011 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Starting PPC1 in Sept and moving to Dublin with my gf for the 7 months.

Can anyone recommend where is good for accommodation - somewhere middle of the road (price-wise), couple-ly and good location.

I've heard there is loads of accomm available but in order to get a good one, you have to put the work in!

Any advice would be great!! Thanks a mill...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Becky55

Hey guys, im in the same position, starting my seach for somewhere to stay, havent got a clue really, any recommendations on best locations from people who might have done PPC1 last year and be familiar with Dublin and access to Blackhall place, ie Luas and bus routes, any help appreciated. Would also be interested in sharing with someone, its just me and another girl at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭hession.law

so guys ll of you who have moved to dublin for the PPC any tips on accommodation. any places you liked/disliked..

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Em2011

I stayed off Blackhorse Av...totally fine. I heard horror stories from ppl about D7 generally before I came here. No probs at all. Smithfield is def the handiest for Law Soc but rent can b a bit high. I'd have no prob recommending Stoneybatter or Blackhorse Av tho where I stayed off Blackhorse is about a 15-20 min walk to blackhall..I don't mind waking but I know some ppl wud be put off...theres always the no 37 bus :)

Having said all that there was a body found off Blackhorse around Jan.....that involved a couple tho..twasnt a random shooting or anything and he comitted suicide shortly afterwards in the UK. Don't let that story put u off!!! Just had to put it in in the interest of full disclosure!

Good luck

Advertisement