Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping for Tall Ships

• 19-06-2011 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend some camping facilities for Sat night near the city? All google sends me to is Tramore or Dungarvan...

Failing that, anyone got a patch of green going for the night? At the moment it's just me, the bike and a tent, but there may be another body if I can convince anyone to come!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,691 ✭✭✭✭looksee

There are no camping facilities that I know of nearer than Tramore. I wouldn't fancy your chances of a tent surviving if you just randomly camped on a green patch around the city!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

lol I rather meant if some kindly soul had space in a garden or something! ;)

How far from Tramore to Waterford?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Try that couchsurfing site. Few people in waterford doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

about 9 mls I think, or 15 minute car journey

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Nemothefish

@ThreadHead

waterfordtourist.com has told me tis about 8miles/13Km...

wonders if there are any kind B+B owners who would like to dontate some green space also...

nemo is from sutton BTW ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Treadhead wrote: »
    At the moment it's just me, the bike and a tent

Tramore to Waterford is a handy cycle. I wouldn't rule it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

camp out in Dunmore at councillers beech, there is often tents pitched up there....... regular bus service into town and you'll be able to see the ships sail in and out from that spot

Advertisement