Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone breed budgies?

• 19-06-2011 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭

Hoping I'm in the right place, does anyone sell budgies that are young? When you get them from petshops they're always old and hate people :S Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭Devi

I got my budgie from Alpine Averies, think there all hand reared, great bird, really friendly.
    http://alpinelofts.net/index_alpineaviaries_welcome.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Budgies make strange in general so where ever you get the bird there may be a period of adjustment and you need to continue to hand tame the bird yourself.
    It also depends on the individual birds personality and if only getting 1 you need to have lots of time...as much time as you would have for a dog..for it because they need lots of company if they aren't with their own kind.

Good idea to buy from a responsible breeder rather than the shop as you said, check out any breeders first before purchasing.

Consider a rescue budgie, there are birds that are looking for homes as well contact your local rescues to see if they know of any. Our tiel came from a home where they hadn't the time for him anymore and he's a lovely fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

www.parrots.ie <---- some very good breeders on hear. They all hand rear too.

Advertisement