Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Image Tan

• 19-06-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi!

Has anyone tried top image tan?I just saw an ad for it on the tv and went to their website...it sounds great, it says its forumlated for irish skin.... but has anyone actually used it? what did they think?

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I used it a couple of years ago and really liked it, I love liquid tans as they are so convenient, it was a nice colour on me although it was more of a golden tan rather than a brown tan so it could look a bit orange on some people I guess! I hated the bottle.....like put a bit of effort into the design if you want to be charging 20 quid for it!

I don't know why I never repurchased it because I did like it but I don't think it was exactly a holy grail for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jean Ann

Ah I see thanks Tayla :)

Yup the ad on tv did look quite amateur, as did the packaging though on the site it sounded good. Think its about 25 quid now tho. I might give it a go just to see how it goes... I do prefer brown tans though rather than one with an orangey hue but ill give it a shot....my staple tans at the minute are Rockstartan (love it!) Egypt Wonder and Bronze Express...but always looking to try new ones

:)

The bronze express that you use....is that this one? http://www.makeupandbeauty.ie/academie-bronzexpress-the-results/
    I bought that this week and it is sooooo light, I barely get any colour from it at all.

Have you tried the He-shi liquid tan? It's similar to top image tan but not quite as golden if I remember correctly.

What kind of a result do you get with rockstar tan? Is it dark? I really want to try that one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

I also use Rockstar tan, I think it gives a good colour esp on my legs as usually tan doesn't take too well there. He-shi have a new dark mousse out which is supposed to be good. That Top Image ad is cringe! I got a spray tan done with it last year, it was really orange so wouldn't recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

I don't really wear tan but if I do it's Top Image. Or, to be more exact, its German version called Becker Sun which costs only five euro something! A bottle of the liquid tan lasts ages and gives a gorgeous brown colour, as opposed to orangey. You'd need a decent tanning mitt for it. I love it, but then I've never paid the (outlandish) Irish price for it. Considering the only tans you'd get here for a fiver are Rimmel Sun Shimmer or something, Top Image is of a much, much higher quality in terms of colour, ease of application etc. etc. I'd recommend it, but I don't know if I could pay 25 euro for it!

• Advertisement

Tayla, that is the bronze express I use....I usually put two coats of it on at the same go...though I do like my tan dark...it is great on the application as the tinted liquid lets you see exactly where it has gone. That and Egypt Wonder are very similar,though more people have complimented me on the Egypt Wonder than the Bronze Express.....Egypt Wonder is about 7 euros more expensive than Bronze Express....I would generally always have Bronze Express at home...

Rockstar Tan I love...gives a great deep colour (Im the same on my legs it usually doesnt take well there but with this it does, so i sometimes dont have to put sally on my legs, where as i always do with other tans). The rockstar tan is quite a deep golden colour (I do often put on a bit extra on my arms and legs though in the initial application) but it is a very good just back from holiday look I find...I want to get it in a salon spray tan as id say it comes out lovely...

Can you get the Becker tan here or is it online? Ill probably try the top image tan just to see what its like...

What Im wearing today and a couple of people remarked how natural it looks is the San Moritz mousse....so cheap, great for the end of month when youre waiting to be paid :)

Id say im still searching for the holygrails of tan though...

Thanks, I will definitely have to try the egypt wonder and rock star tan.
    Do you use the mousse or spray?

I get a nice colour from a liquid tan called celebrity secrets the darkest one, the 16% one I think but it is absolutely awful when it's wearing off so I can't really wear it.

St. Moritz is a nice colour but it literally all washes off me in the shower the next day and it made me break out on my chin and chest so I can't use that.

I like xen-tan too, i've used the dark lotion but i'd like to try either the xen tan dark lotion absolute luxe and the mist so if anyone has any opinions on those then please share them! The absolute luxe sounds fab but the price is outrageous!

I'm hoping to invest in one of the spray tan tents and guns soon and i'm hoping my beautician friend will teach my OH (who is a spray painter) how to do the spray tans properly so that I can get it done for free at home :D...............So i'm really searching for the perfect liquid tan, has anyone tried 'tan truth', i've seen it in Sally's salon services but don't know anyone who's tried it!

Sorry Jean Ann for hijacking your thread!

Hehe not at all Tayla!!

I use the Rockstar Spray and the way I do it is I spray it on and then rub it inwith the mitt....it doesnt go on evenly (well not for me anyways) so I rub it in with that to make sure it is even....

Definately try egypt wonder I do love it...it comes in a lovely glass bottle with wax on the top, but because of that youd have to transfer it out of the bottle for travelling

Absolute luxe...i dont know that one.im going to check it out!

Xen tan though Ive heard a lot about it but I havent tried it...that and heshi are both getting rave reviews from people...

Dont think Id be trying TOWIE's Laurens tan though for some reason..

Tan Truth, I havent used it,but would be interested to hear what people say about it!

I read on another thread that the rockstar tan is sometimes on special offer in Unicare pharmacies so i'm gonna keep an eye out because everyone seems to love it!

I love the Xen tan dark lotion, it's definitely not dark on me but it wears off beautifully and gives me a nice light brown tan and it is one of the best ones for using on your face IMO!

Oh God Lauren's tan no way, she just looks awful!

I just noticed now that Fake bake has a liquid tan, have you tried that one? I might order a bottle as I used to like fake bake but hated applying the lotion http://www.feelunique.com/p/Fake-Bake-Flawless-Self-Tan-Liquid-Mitt-170ml

Did you ever try famous dave's tan? it's been on my must get list for a while but I never got around to ordering it!

Hmm me and Fake Bake just dont go together...I found it looked quite orange and very fake! But I know a lot of people who love it....its the same as st tropez...so many people love it, but it gave me a grey-ey hue....i guess its all down to the undertones in your skin....

I must definately try the xen tan....as the wear off is as important as the tan....that would be one thing with the rockstar tan sometimes the wear off isnt the best....but thats probably down to the care I take of it too....though bronze express and egypt wonder wear off so well...

Did you ever get a spray tan done with fantasy tan? Its actually my favourite spray tan its a rich brown,no yellow at all, but difficult to find in salons..

• Advertisement

I used to love fake bake but st tropez didn't suit me either.

I don't really take care of the tan either so that's why I love the xen tan!

Yep fantasy tan was actually the only spray tan i've ever got done, I went for the dark (of course :D) it made me look like an amazonian woman but I loved it! I haven't had one in about a year though and I don't think the salon I used to go to still does that tan :( Which colour did you go for?

Did you see that with fantasy tans you can get another spray over the top (the next day or whatever) that kind of gives you a shimmer over it?

Ooooh no I didnt!!I like the sound of that!!! Yup I went for the dark one...think it was Chocolate....i always go for the darker thebetter too :) which is why i always have to try and avoid tans with orangey-hues as I put a lot on.....I looked around and cant seem to find any places that do it now but i might have another look now ive got that tan in my mind lol!

yup im fairly crap with maintenance....well it depends on the mood...sometimes ill moisturise a bit..more often than not i dont tho lol

really thinking about getting xen tan at the weekend now aswell....specially if its low maintenance...

It is very annoying trying to find places that do the right spray tans, particularly because most hotels etc have their beauty spa brochures as pdf files so google doesn't really pick them up :mad:

I think I'll order the famous Dave gold edition mousse a try, I saw a few pics on blogs that kind of swung it for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭smileysurfer

I love Top Image! Its instant and develops to a slightly darker colour over time! It gives me a lovely natural looking tan in seconds so Im definitly a fan! Its a bit pricey @ €25 a bottle but if you buy in salon services its only about €14. I go for the liquid rather than the cream though. It dries almost right away and is easier to apply. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

Jean Ann wrote: »
    Can you get the Becker tan here or is it online? Ill probably try the top image tan just to see what its like...

Unfortunately I think you can only get it in Germany (as Becker Sun anyway), but Top Image is the Becker Sun tan rebranded. I'd recommend the Liquid over the Cream too, the colour is better from the Liquid and it's easier to apply evenly.

Jean Ann wrote: »

Dont think Id be trying TOWIE's Laurens tan though for some reason..

I've actually read some fab reviews on Laurens tan :o

I'm considering trying it :ox1000000

Advertisement