Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice re plugs, cords & a wallmounted TV

Options
  • 19-06-2011 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I bought an 2m 8 socket Surgemaster a few years ago but it doesn't stretch from where I'd like my equipment to the sockets. Is there one that does or can I chain the Surgemasters? I need a lead that covers a minimum of five.

The reason I am asking this is I've mounted my TV over the fireplace.The wall sockets, UPC and internet access point are to the right of the fireplace. This is also where my AV equipment and modem is now.

However, things would be a lot tidier if I could put all my equipment to the left of the fireplace. I have eight devices that need to be plugged in and this would involve buying new ethernet cables as well as a new five metre HDMI cable.

I can do this easily but the power bit is more tricky. Is two new 5m surgemaster the best way to do this or is there another cheaper and better way to do this?

Comments

Advertisement