Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

very new newbie

Options
  • 19-06-2011 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi there,
    Ive just started some power walking and a little jogging , a year ago next month i gave up my favourite bad habit..smoking , 20 a day! Before you all congratulate me on this achievement may i just say i miss my smokes so much every day, i still want one several times a day , i am totally aware of their adverse effects on my health as i was nursing for several yrs ....but i still miss my smokes... i had lost an incredible 4 stone weight and was thrilled with myself , however, since giving up the cigs i have inevitably put on weight so i decided to do something about it i started running and walking a mix of both to begin with as instructed by my fitness friends , i took to it like a duck to water but then dropped it back and got lazy again for a couple of weeks but thankfully ive just started again last week , i am currently doing 30 to 45 mins of power walking and running/jogging 2 or 3 and sometimes 4 times per week, my friend has a wrist monitor and we have been doing 3k in 28mins inour first week ..I cant do this everyday as i also horse ride and keep my own horses so I dont always have the time , can somebody give me some tips on how to keep it up, also how i should progress and is this sort of time frame good or bad !! I really am a newbie to all this and exercise is something i now enjoy hugely so i want to get fitter and fitter my aim is to run in a local womens marathon in september , is this totally unrealistic?? Anyhelp or advice is very welcome. Cheers and thanks.

Advertisement