Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places that sell the cheapest Pioneer CDJS and DJM 350's

Options
  • 19-06-2011 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I'm lokking to buy the cdj 350's (x2) and the djm 350 mixer. the cheapest i can find are second hand ones but i was wondering if anyone knew of a place to buy in a store or off the net the cdjs and mixer for a reasonable price. If anyone is selling the 350's i wouldn't mind buying second hand ones if are working and in good condition

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

As far as I know Aquarius Sound do a pretty good deal on a package...2 x cdj 350's and and DJM 350 for around €1500

/edit

Wait...its €1690!

http://www.aquariussound.ie/prod.php?id=465

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Pioneer have very set prices on their gear, even going as far as saying as a dealer you cannot sell into another territory (i.e. US dealers can't sell into Ireland, or at least shouldn't. Besides you'll have trouble with voltage conversion etc)

So as far as getting Pioneer gear cheap, you just won't. If its significantly less than Aquarius in Kildare or Thomann.de its probably a scam. Aquarius are a great bunch of lads, give them a ring and they'll sort you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 dylanlolwut

thanks for the replies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

sorry to hijack this thread but I'm going to the states in 10 days and was wondering is it much cheaper buying gear from over there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Dylanmc111 wrote: »
    sorry to hijack this thread but I'm going to the states in 10 days and was wondering is it much cheaper buying gear from over there?

Double edged sword really. They will be cheaper (Depending on the sales tax and currency conversion) You then have the following hassle:

Getting them back. They are big boxes and you'll want to avoid paying VAT here on the way in (i.e. Postage isn't a runner)

Voltage. Most CDJ's won't work on the EU standard of 230V at 50Hz (The States and some of Japan is 110V at 60Hz) As a result Pioneer make up to three different models in each deck (The CDJ350 has 4 distinct models, same on the outside, different power supplies inside for each power region. One very rare model is worldwide) The only CDJ I know of that will work worldwide is the 1000 MK3 (Double check first) I think the CDJ900 and CDJ2000 are worldwide, given they are designed for pro use and travel.

As a result you'll need a power transformer, which is a hassle if you plan to use them mobile. It will also limit your resale value. You may be able to get Pioneer Ireland to swap the power supplies but I doubt they will given the warranty is region specific (Another drawback)

All told its better just to buy the gear at home. The saving will be undone by the hassle you'll have to go through in my opinion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement