Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Missed shot!

• 19-06-2011 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

In Tullamore today, at the roundabout at Tesco I tried to get a shot of a crow with a can of red bull in it's beak! It was like it was trying to drink it.
    Car on other side had squeaky brakes and it dropped the can before I could get the shot...but it would have been class!

Anyone else miss any memorable shots lately?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I've learned never tell anyone when you've missed a shot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

I still regret missing that shot of Elvis arguing with Micheal Jackson last year. Their expressions were class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Wasn't there a thread awhile ago with everyone posting up pics of instances of this. Can't seem to find it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Johnnio13 wrote: »
    In Tullamore today, at the roundabout at Tesco I tried to get a shot of a crow with a can of red bull in it's beak! It was like it was trying to drink it.
    Car on other side had squeaky brakes and it dropped the can before I could get the shot...but it would have been class!

Anyone else miss any memorable shots lately?

Get a stuffed crow and attach a red bull can to its beak, then put it somewhere believable and take photo.

Success.

Jim wrote: »
    Wasn't there a thread awhile ago with everyone posting up pics of instances of this. Can't seem to find it...

Think it was a general "when things go wrong" type thread.

I'd be very much in agreement with PCPhoto these days though. Smile and nod all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Get a stuffed crow and attach a red bull can to its beak, then put it somewhere believable and take photo.

Success.

Thank you Challengemaster for the idea. Tried this a few years ago by having a friend in a gorrilla costume run and sit with Ronald Mc D http://www.ghosttheory.com/2010/04/07/fake-bigfoot-sigthings-scare-residents
    But alas nobody believed me. I think the same might happen here.

In the words of PCPhoto - I'll stay stum from now on!

Advertisement