Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supposed flaming

Options
  • 19-06-2011 11:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

I received a 48 hour ban for flaming on the "David Norris for President....would you vote for him?" last week. I have merely stuck to discussing the topic as is presented in the media over the past two weeks.

I have also received a warning in the last week or two and another warning today. I asked the moderator at the time of my ban and today Micky Dolenz what I said that was flaming.

Both of my messages have been thus far ignored and have been told that I am facing a "very long ban".

Could someone please elaborate as to where exactly the flaming in my comments was today?

What constitutes flaming on the thread? It seems like a very subjective term which conveniently shuts down discussion. If would be useful if someone could outline what is off-limits for discussion on the thread also. It seems that bringing unpalatable facts to a thread with a clear majority of Norris supporters is somehow trolling - an absurd accusation. These comments are repeatedly made by various posters without question. .

Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭sesna

Would it be considered flaming if I kindly asked for a reply ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I'm guessing this is in relation to the David Norris thread in After Hours? Which you've posted in today @ 18:59

What ban is this in relation to?

I've checked Modutils - you are not currently banned from After Hours as far as I can see :confused:

If you were banned, you would have a PM, which should explain the ban, and who banned you / how long the ban is for.

I received the ban over a week ago. I received an infraction, received two warnings, the latest of which was yesterday accompanied by the statement that I am facing a very long ban.

I am asking what are these warnings for? What constitutes flaming on this thread? I want to avert a long ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

So you are disputing a series of warnings?

I'm going to invite Mickey Dolenz into the thread, to answer your questions.

Strictly speaking, this isn't a DRP issue, as there is no current ban/infraction to mediate ... but you seem keen to get to the bottom of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Thank you trout.

I only received a PM about this yesterday evening and it being a Sunday hadn't a chance to reply before this DRP was started.

sesna,

You seem determined to re hash the incident about a tape/or lack of a tape where Senator Norris spoke on paedophilia. Even though the discussion had moved on to other potential runners in the election campaign.

Here are you last few posts before my on thread warning:
    sesna wrote: »
    Did you see Cathal lurking around during your time in Kathmandu?
    That was offered as a possible explanation in a subsequent post, along with several others. In any case, Norris repeated all the damaging quotes himself in various subsequent interviews so the tape you were so worried about became totally irrelevant.

No but I did see David Norris rabbit for about two weeks in various interviews about pederasty and his weird views on child sex abuse.

Since the on thread warning you posting style has improved, I can only conclude you understood exactly what I was asking.

• Advertisement

Thank you trout.

I only received a PM about this yesterday evening and it being a Sunday hadn't a chance to reply before this DRP was started.

sesna,

You seem determined to re hash the incident about a tape/or lack of a tape where Senator Norris spoke on paedophilia. Even though the discussion had moved on to other potential runners in the election campaign.

Here are you last few posts before my on thread warning:

Since the on thread warning you posting style has improved, I can only conclude you understood exactly what I was asking.

It's a pity you were able to issue a warning but couldn't give me a reply. It's a shame the moderator who banned me over a week ago could not issue a single reply to several messages to him either. (You yourself suggested DRP in a post to me about two weeks ago when I first brought up the topic of infractions and flaming ).

I see nothing wrong with the three comments you just posted which are supposedly flaming the thread. They are on topic and they are not attacking posters as many posts have been toward me. Yet I am somehow facing the prospect of a "very long ban" for those type comments.

What do you mean the discussion had moved on ? As determined by whom ? A thread stuffed with Norris supporters? I was accused of flaming when I was bringing these points up at a time when every national media outlet was asking the exact same questions - Morning Ireland, Marc Coleman, The Irish Times, Joe Duffy, Vincent Brown, Newstalk Sunday show, Pat Kenny, Lunchtime on Newstalk,The Irish times etc, etc not to mention several press releases by Norris himself.

It was a key issue at a time when Norris was seeking nomination from county councils. Other posters who tried to talk about it were similarly accused of trolling, etc.

Whatever about flaming it's a shame the discussion was allowed to wander off into complete banality and irrelevance while the issue at hand was systematically stifled. If you wanted a pro-Norris thread, it would have been easier to issue a moderator note to that effect instead of throwing around accusations of flaming.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement