Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online/Search Marketing Jobs in Spain

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Not even sure if this is the best place to post this, but I am looking into moving abroad in the near future and Spain would be my no.1 destination. I speak Spanish and while rusty through not using it in daily life since college, I know it would come back very quick if I was living there. I did Spanish in college and feel like I don't want to let go of it, and that if I don't move back there soon, I probably never will!

Anyway, I currently work as a PPC/SEO account manager, and am thinking that despite the economy in Spain, online marketing must be/could be booming there to some extent, like it is here, as companies move more and more towards online. Also, there could be some demand for native English speakers with the skills I have also...e.g. for marketing products/services to English-speaking markets.

Anyway, just thinking out loud here, but would anyone have any inkling on the above or any info or insights into this area? I could potentially approach agencies in Spain, but not sure where to start exactly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭Trashbat

Why not set up your own consultancy there? You can work for english speaking countries from anywhere in the world online, and with you're experience you could probably do well running direct search affiliate stuff too.

Remember its cheaper to live in Spain, so you can operate with less profits and still be comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭netnerd

Have you tried online gaming? This is one sector that continues to grow despite the struggling economy.

Gibraltar is full of gaming companies that are always advertising marketing positions.

Although, of course, Gibraltar is not Spain, it is close enough for you to be able to live there, and as the territory is Spanish/English bilingual, your language skills would be perfect.

Bettingjobs.com, Pentasia.com and recruitgibraltar.com would be good places to start looking.

Advertisement