Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone parts

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

A while ago (around four months now I believe) the screen on my Nokia X6 cracked. A friend of mine tackled me thinking it'd be funny....anywaayy. It still works perfectly with the crack there (I'm typing this using my phone), I just want the "new" look back.
    Another problem which has arised is the input jack no longer accepts earphones unless they're held in position with a fair bit of pressure (not very healthy for it usually).
    As I use this phone as my secondary camera, music and online needs/wants everyday, I'd much rather repair it myself. It might possibly be quicker and cheaper overall than going in-store to be repaired and then playing the old-time favourite "The waiting game" :(
    My question is where in the Dublin region is there a store which stocks these two parts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

Does anyone know? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

It's the same screen as the 5800, 5230 and n97 Mini. Unless your pretty handy taking gadgets apart i'd recommend you take it to your nearest official nokia repair center as if you snap the wrong cable you could write off the phone.
    The screens you pick up cheap aren't nokia so don't expect the picture quality to be as good and the colors might also look washed out.

If your going the cheap route you should be able to pick on up in the city center handy enough just ask any of the phone shops where to go.
    It's worth getting it fixed offically to protect your 2yr warranty. It goes out the window if you fix it your self.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭DoBhrionn

I didn't know it was two years. Thanks for telling me. I think I'll go the better route of the two.

Advertisement