Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Saorview STB €80

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭

(apologies if this has been posted already)
    Spotted a Set Top Box marked "Saoview Approved" for €80 in Tesco Wilton Cork yesterday.
    The make is not Technika as you might expect, but some other Tesco own-brand I suspect - red packaging - name was La
    (sorry the photo I took was crap and I can't make it out)
    I attach a shot of the specs on the box. There were a couple on the shelf but none in operation on the working TV shelves and no big sign or anything about them.
    I note it features USB recording and replay ("PVR").
    Sorry about the blinding light obliterating some of the info!

Edit: it's Laurus (thank you liamtech)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭liamtech

http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/laurus/

I suspect its Laurus - Appeared earlier on the Saorview Website!

Looks like another Vestel rebrand - If im not mistaken -

I noticed on saorview.ie and was wondering where it would show up?

Sic semper tyrannis - thus always to Tyrants

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

This box is now also on Arro.ie website so presumably will appear in Arro hardware shops nationwide - at €105!
    Dunno anything more about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭PressTheButton

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    This box is now also on Arro.ie website so presumably will appear in Arro hardware shops nationwide - at €105!

http://www.arro.ie/Products/Laurus-Set-Top-Box-%28Price-includes-%E2%82%AC500-delivery%29__LAUSTBOX.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 satman18

Saw a Saorview approved box in Harvey Norman for E79. I used a guy in Kinnegad and he was sound to deal with. Watchforfreeireland.com

He put up a dish ,aerial and a combo boxs for e250.

Will post his number later:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

i don't think there are any saorview approved combo boxes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

John mac wrote: »
    i don't think there are any saorview approved combo boxes :rolleyes:
    A lot of Guys are getting carried away with the word Saorview. The crowd that the OP mentioned Have a Saorview special offer DTT combo box advertised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 satman18

Its not but picks up all Hd channels including RTE2 in all its glory. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭John mac

Saorview special offer DTT combo box advertised.

yea thats why i posted the comment, seeing as its an obvious plug for his own site.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Idiots Guide to fooling people on boards.ie:

1. Don't pick a username that obviously shows you own your recommended business.........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Saw it in Tesco Athlone for €89 .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭lawhec

Happened to notice this Set-top-box in Heatons today in Omagh. Clearly Saorview badged, no Freeview approved logo anywhere though. Priced at £79.99, only a few doors away at Argos can you get a Bush Freeview HD receiver for the same price (there's an even cheaper half price offer on an Alba brand one as well, though it seems to have mixed reviews), the only thing missing is the single-tuner USB PVR. I can't see Heatons here shifting too many apart from a few who may be confused over Freeview & Saorview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭AstralTV

satman18 wrote: »
    Its not but picks up all Hd channels including RTE2 in all its glory. Happy days

why has it got the saorview logo on the site, a bit misleading, false advertising, etc

Advertisement