Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absurdly slow BB connection

• 20-06-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭

Hi, I know absolutely nothing about computers or BB only how to surf the net. I just moved home and we have Voadaphone BB which the last time I lived at home was excellent and really fast. This time around however it is terrible connection and nothing loads up. I have a different laptop than last time I lived at home but this laptop worked great in my house in college with that BB connection so don't think its that. I am thinking maybe there are others using our network but it has a network key so not sure. Is there any way I can check to see if there are other people using it?

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Just change the key and reboot the router.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

If you used it in College was it necessary to set up a proxy? If so this could be the reason for the slow speeds.

If you dont have a proxy set up try the ethernet connection and see what speeds you are getting that way.

Advertisement