Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish lessons

Options
  • 20-06-2011 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi !

I just arrived in Cork to work as an Au pair. I am French and I studied Breton in a College degree (I am bilingual French/Breton). It is a Celtic language spoken in Brittany, west of France. It is very closed to Cornish and Welsh, and has lots of similarities with Irish. As an option, I learned Irish during one year, and I would like to get some lessons to improve it.
    I looked for lessons (Gael Taca and Cork's College), but it is expensive, and there is not so many lessons during summer holidays.
    My idea was to find an Irish speaker who would like to improve or learn French (or Breton :) ) to do an exchange : he will teach me Irish and I can teach him French.

If you are interested in that, please contact me.

Slan !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Check out the Gael Teacha resource centre on Sullivans Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

There are free Irish speaking meetings in the Torytop library in Ballyphehane on Tuesday evenings at 6.30 and in the Bishopstown library at 6 on Thursday evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yannaelle

Oh ! I am interested ! Can I contact them by e-mail ? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭disco biscuit

You can't contact them by e mail.Just go to the library and ask at the reception desk where the room for the Irish is.I go there some evenings.I am not sure if I will be there tomorrow evening yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yannaelle

Ok thank you very much ! Is it difficult for beginners to understand and participate ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement