Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Music fest

Options
  • 20-06-2011 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

Anyone know about proposed music fest at castkehackett

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

No

• Registered Users Posts: 31,905 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Shouldn't have bothered replying then Head The Wall.

Anyway, here's the info you are looking for red bull: http://www.fairyhillfestival.com/

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

Does it clash with Tuam Arts Festival or is it complimentary to it. Arts Fest have nothing really announced at the moment so we take it that there is no headline gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

This looks alright, Whipping Boy playing Tuam! I'll be up their with some Pernod and Dry Cider! Hopefully Ferghal actually manages to stay sober for this one, last two Whipping Boy gigs I was at, he was locked, made a shíte of it.

Jape...Winner!

Delorento's I can digest, not the worst band out there!

Be nice to see Jamie Lawson too!

Couple local acts to....I'll be there!

Is the line up on the Website final and can we expect a few more acts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭red bull

Are you sure its in Castle Hackett I live near there and we know nothing except what I got on this site:o

• Advertisement

dec25532 wrote: »
    Does it clash with Tuam Arts Festival or is it complimentary to it. Arts Fest have nothing really announced at the moment so we take it that there is no headline gig.

As far as I am aware it's not complimentary to the arts festival and does indeed clash with it. If the arts festival do it right though, they can use it to their advantage by planning around I.

red bull wrote: »
    Are you sure its in Castle Hackett I live near there and we know nothing except what I got on this site:o

Yeah I am 99 per cent sure it is. I've known about this for a while, how come it seems no one else knew?!

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Pure Sound

I'm looking forward to seeing Intinn at it. Local lads trying something different is always a good thing. I hope the event is successful as it seems the guy organising it is young enough and it is probably a big risk for him. It would be great if it became an annual festival too

It is an annual thing, it started of as franfest in his back garden a few years ago :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Would it have killed them to put the location on the "website".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ciaranmac

I hadn't heard of it until I saw this thread. Looks good. They would want to publicise it a bit more though or nobody will show up!

I hear its subject to permission ?:confused:

red bull wrote: »
    I hear its subject to permission ?:confused:

Well that's not cool if that's the case.

any news on this event hav friends abroad who have to make plans and time flies

Last I heard was that they are having difficulties with planning so plan B is to have it in leisureland with just the headlining acts playing, They are still planning to have the arts kinda stuff in tents and stuff in the carpark as far as I know.

Last I heard was that they are having difficulties with planning so plan B is to have it in leisureland with just the headlining acts playing, They are still planning to have the arts kinda stuff in tents and stuff in the carpark as far as I know.

I really hope they get the planning for castlehackett as I have volunteered and I don't wanna have td pull out of it if I do get a position...

And it will be so much better among the hills than in leisure land!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

mars bar wrote: »

Anywhere would be better than Leisureland - that's a dreadful plan B.

mars bar wrote: »
    I totally agree, I'd imagine that the leisureland scenario is not ideal for the organisers or acts either but as it stands it seems to be out of their hands. I think if they do get planning permission it could be the start of something financially great for the area.

Discodog wrote: »
    Anywhere would be better than Leisureland - that's a dreadful plan B.
    What alternatives are there, its an area that is made for this sort of thing and at this short notice planning due to unsuitable infrastructure, it would more then likely be a problem elsewhere. If they could somehow get the area in the docks or Salthill Park that would be a reasonable solution.

I won't be heading if it's in Leisureland, there's no atmosphere in the place. I can't see the docks or Salthill Park being viable either as residents would be up in arms over the noise.

Here's hoping Castlehackett works out

• Advertisement

As far as I know Leisureland has now been booked

Castlehackett was never on believe me. A lovely idea but no planning. Great time there in 1972 bonfire festival I heard of on the site of the film Alfred rhe great. dad says ,anyone know bout that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

...from an alright "festival" to a poxy gig in Leisure Land, would ya G'luck,...the 'Mighty Mouse' in Salthill sounds like better craic at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 galwayfrancis

Just under 2 weeks to go!

Sorry I'm only seeing this thread now, I would of been able to givey ou more details if I knew it was open. The event had to be moved from Castlehacket due to lose of a major investor and we were short on time. We will be doing the festival in Castlehacket next year.

The event will now go ahead in The Leisureland Complex with a 700 person marquee outside. The night will be headlined by Glastonbury Superstars Orbital doing their legendary DJ Set and supported by Derry trio The Japanese Popstars. While making up the rest of the main hall is Paul Chambers, Justin Robertson, RhythmScene, Welfare and DubCUlture, Jape and Reader’s Wives. Over 15 other local and international acts will be on show throughout the day in the marquee.

It might be worth your while posting it in the Galway city Forum Fran

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Keep it in Gigs forum and put a link to the website in your sig.
    You may post to inform people that ask about the gig but not to advertise it as that would be spamming, not allowed on boards unless you've cleared with the office at hello@boards.ie first

Advertisement