Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'Scuba' models wanted

• 20-06-2011 3:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi all. I'm doing some new photography projects and I'm looking for models that are interested in working with me. The type of shots I'm doing are sports orientated involving a water sports 'scuba' theme. I'm looking for experienced models and or girls who can dive and would be interested in modeling. I am willing to pay for the shots and open to a 'barter' I.E. shots for portfolio too. Please get in contact if interested. I'm in the west of Ireland but willing to travel.

Thanks,

H

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

Can you give a bit more detail please

will this be shot in a pool ? Are you looking for Male or Female models...or both ?

Do you have a website/samples of your work ? Are you a professional photographer ? Do you have model release forms ? What do you intend to do with the pics afterwards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mrSelfDestruct

Hi Corkbah,

It's something I've been wanting to do for years. I'm not a 'professional' but I have recently got a new camera with some great lenses and I'm getting great results. I studied art and work as a designer (self employed) and I have good eye for it. I also have good knowledge in movie making and have done some shorts. I would like to do video of this too.

I already do some of this photography but haven't done the 'scuba' themed ones yet. I did a 'surf girl' and 'triathlon / sports girl' themed shoot during the week with a professional model. It went quite well and she's interested in doing more.

I always get models to sign a release form and because my shots are non nude and stylish and tasteful it's never a problem. I would be interested in doing a website where a fan can download the gallery and pay a fee. If I do that then I will be paying the models and they will know about it. For now the pics are just for my collection and the portfolio of the model. I also have them on my blog and flickr account.

Thanks for your interest.

MrSD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

do you have any experience of scuba/underwater ? its a lot more difficult to do than "land" photography.

Do you have a location ?

I have recently taken up underwater photography and am getting to terms with it (after approx 15months and about 10dives), I still do not believe I'm confident enough underwater....A lot of underwater photography depends on your ability/confidence underwater....and lighting...do you have strobes ?

I think "visuelle" and "Foto_joe" on boards are very good divers and excellent underwater photographers.

Advertisement