Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PhD or IT manager at large hospital?

• 20-06-2011 3:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi, hope you are all very well. :)

I am in the position to choose between two jobs. one of them is an IT manager at large hospital in the same area where I live. The other is a lecturer at University which is located in another area in the same country. The people in the university have promised me that they will send me to do my PhD in Computer Science one day while I am working at the university.

I don't know which one should I choose, Which one do you think is the best option?

Please help. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

One that give the best cash in you claw!

I remember an economist article talking about the oversupply of PHD's, that might be something to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

I'd probably go with the lecturing job. Less stress, better holidays and if you pick a research area you are really interested in, it will be more rewarding.

Did you decide yet?

Advertisement