Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow upload speed! Need fast net-cafe

• 20-06-2011 4:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭

My upload on Eircom 3mb is around 40kbps and is way way too slow, I have over 50GB of High-Def video files I need to upload to youtube and there is no way I can upload them on Eircom alone.

I wonder does anyone know any decent net cafe or business hub like place where I could upload them fast from? I wouldn't mind paying for it so long as it would be very fast, the files are raw .mts from the camcorder and the biggest individual file is 3.9GB, I'd like to get them up and share the links on Facebook etc.

I don't want to render the video and downscale the quality as this is why I bought a HD camcorder to begin with lol! Ideally somewhere in Kerry or Cork where I could walk-in and get a few gigs up to the net fast, I don't want to upload all of them, just ease the burden off my slow Eircom line and ease the cost of running the PC night after night which running it for about 6-700 hours uploading all the stuff would eat a nice bit of ESB too.

With High Definition and ADSL it feels like dejavu and being trapped on Dial-up like ten years ago!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Stinicker wrote: »
    My upload on Eircom 3mb is around 40kbps and is way way too slow, I have over 50GB of High-Def video files I need to upload to youtube and there is no way I can upload them on Eircom alone.

I wonder does anyone know any decent net cafe or business hub like place where I could upload them fast from? I wouldn't mind paying for it so long as it would be very fast, the files are raw .mts from the camcorder and the biggest individual file is 3.9GB, I'd like to get them up and share the links on Facebook etc.

I don't want to render the video and downscale the quality as this is why I bought a HD camcorder to begin with lol! Ideally somewhere in Kerry or Cork where I could walk-in and get a few gigs up to the net fast, I don't want to upload all of them, just ease the burden off my slow Eircom line and ease the cost of running the PC night after night which running it for about 6-700 hours uploading all the stuff would eat a nice bit of ESB too.

With High Definition and ADSL it feels like dejavu and being trapped on Dial-up like ten years ago!

Convert the file to x264 AVI files. There is absolutely no need to upload such huge files, when x264 can maintain the quality of the original.

Advertisement