Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom down in Balbriggan Area?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 8:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭

Yesterday my broadband just dropped. No DSL connectivity at all on the line. The phone line itself is still fine.

I tried a different modem and didn't get any DSL connectivity either.

I'm assuming this is a problem on eircom's side.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Yesterday my broadband just dropped. No DSL connectivity at all on the line. The phone line itself is still fine.

I tried a different modem and didn't get any DSL connectivity either.

I'm assuming this is a problem on eircom's side.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Hi Webmonkey,

Thanks for contacting eircom on boards.

The following may be helpful with troubleshooting your broadband connection problem :-

http://bit.ly/cTw6pU - Broadband Checklist

(If you have any problem opening to the above URL, please copy & paste this into your Internet address browser).

Ensure as well that you temporary disconnect everything from the phone line: phones, fax machine, Sky Digital TV, or any other equipment connected to the phone line which may interfere with the broadband connection. Remove the splitter and connect the modem directly to the main phone socket. Test the connection speed again.

Powercycle the modem:
    Flick the power switch to the Off position on the back of the modem
    Wait 30 seconds
    Switch the modem back On
    Wait two minutes for the modem to re-connect

Finally, try a hard reset on your modem - http://bit.ly/mDVsrU

If you are still experience connection problems, after completing the above broadband checks, please call into Broadband Technical Support directly :

Broadband Technical Support - 1890 260260 (lowcall) ; hrs - 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun)

Please retain your case id /reference from Technical Support so that you can follow your logged fault, or PM your details and I can check this for you.

Kind regards

Ant

Advertisement