Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dairy Grant

• 20-06-2011 8:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

Reports on the journal last week no more applications for the dairy grant. I sent in for one for a grant for a new bulk tank two months ago. Does anyone know will i still get the grant? thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Afaik all applications will be processed and paid up to the level of funding available so if you score highly on the targets you sholud be ok. If not you may have to wait a while. I think they will have to re-open the scheme as it is a european scheme. I think i read that anyway:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

5live wrote: »
    Afaik all applications will be processed and paid up to the level of funding available so if you score highly on the targets you sholud be ok. If not you may have to wait a while. I think they will have to re-open the scheme as it is a european scheme. I think i read that anyway:o
    thanks no worries i think then:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 663 ✭✭✭John_F

except for when will anyone be paid after approval. . . we applied for it too and hoping for the best :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

spoke to the guy who services the milk tank , he is fed up with the scheme already , said people are really fed up after the fwms fiasco... they have orders but dont know if they will ever fill them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Just got a letter in the post from the department in relation to my bulk tank application, my land lease from now goes for 4 yrs and 10 months. I have to draw up a new lease to show im farming for more than 5yrs. More money to my solicitor:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

shouldn't cost you anything if it's a standard lease, your local IFA office will supply you with a master lease free of charge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

i m thinking of replacing the compressor on the bulk tank under the grant as i have enough storage and have heard that copeland are the best.wondering about units that transfer heat to water,anybody have them.would be looking for a unit to cool 500gl a day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

keep going wrote: »
    i m thinking of replacing the compressor on the bulk tank under the grant as i have enough storage and have heard that copeland are the best.wondering about units that transfer heat to water,anybody have them.would be looking for a unit to cool 500gl a day

do u not have to install a new tank with new compressor to get grant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

6480 wrote: »
    do u not have to install a new tank with new compressor to get grant

I reckon your right 6480. I dont think the grant pays for any upgrades as far as i can remember as in u cant fir acr's to an existing parlour so i would think a compressor would be along them lines. Any1 have a link to the guidelines for the grant scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭gav86

• Advertisement

keep going wrote: »

best talk to charleville refrigeration, all of them use copeland now. if its a direct expansion then mueller and charleville (agents for darikool) use a flooded system, i.e. the refrigerant changes form outside the bulk tank before going back to the compressor, both patented differently, but from what i could understand the darikool has a system where the refrigerant is pumped out when the cooler is turned off (when the tanker driver comes he turns off the compressor and by the time the milk is out the gas is gone from the evaporator and so when its put to wash and warm water is put in the evaporator wont crack!). from what i could understand the mueller doesnt pump out the refrigerant and so is liable to crack when washing...

as for grants, as said above apply away :)

John_F wrote: »
    best talk to charleville refrigeration, all of them use copeland now. if its a direct expansion then mueller and charleville (agents for darikool) use a flooded system, i.e. the refrigerant changes form outside the bulk tank before going back to the compressor, both patented differently, but from what i could understand the darikool has a system where the refrigerant is pumped out when the cooler is turned off (when the tanker driver comes he turns off the compressor and by the time the milk is out the gas is gone from the evaporator and so when its put to wash and warm water is put in the evaporator wont crack!). from what i could understand the mueller doesnt pump out the refrigerant and so is liable to crack when washing...

as for grants, as said above apply away :)

If you believe all you hear you'd eat all you see!

funny man wrote: »
    If you believe all you hear you'd eat all you see!

a right funny man darcy ha :P ;)

why do ya say that,,, cos the driver wont turn it off? on most tanks the switch (manual) is either cooling and off in the middle or wash?? or are ya saying im gullible to sales man talk :confused:

http://www.real-world-refrigeration.com/refrigeration-control-system-3.html
    What is a pump down system?

A pump down system simply uses a solenoid valve in the liquid line to isolate the refrigerant in the receiver.

How is this accomplished?

The control thermostat opens or closes the valve.

When cooling is required, the valve opens and refrigerant enters the evaporator. The pressure increases until the low pressure control closes.

When the low pressure control closes, the condensing unit starts.

It continues to run, cooling the product.

When the desired temperature is reached, the thermostat opens and the solenoid valve closes.

The condensing unit continues to run, pulling the refrigerant out of the evaporator.

When the low pressure control opens, the compressor stops.

The refrigerant is now stored in the liquid receiver awaiting the next cycle.

good night :D

John_F wrote: »
    a right funny man darcy ha :P ;)

why do ya say that,,, cos the driver wont turn it off? on most tanks the switch (manual) is either cooling and off in the middle or wash?? or are ya saying im gullible to sales man talk :confused:

http://www.real-world-refrigeration.com/refrigeration-control-system-3.html

good night :D

warm water is put in the evaporator wont crack

i'm saying neither, just think both systems are over rated in what they do. most tank companies use copeland scroll units.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭oooge1

suppose i applied for this grant and suppose i got approved for it, how long can you leave it, till you have to use it?? im ok this year ,but maybe in the next one or two i might look at investing in a new tank or extra units..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

2yrs once approved i think

Advertisement