Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very drunk on a work night out

Comments

You're worried about sitting at the wrong table and glad you didn't kiss a particular chap :) In fairness you have nothing to worry about :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭RachaelVO

bread wrote: »
    I have learned a lesson for sure! It must be that i really don't like my job and it was subconsious. God i don't know. I have never felt like this before.

Oh FUCK IT!!! You're not the first and I can give you a stone clad guarantee you won't be the last either. There will be slaggin, and you will probably deserve them, take em on the chin and forget about it. Nowt else you can do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I was at a work do on Friday night with 200 of my closest colleagues. All went well until this guy "bread" got hammered.
    We all laughed at the falling over, the mooning, the robbing pints, the breaking furniture and the fist fights, but then, then, he sits at the wrong table! The wrong fcuking table! OMG! There were people crying and hugging each other, they evacuated the building, cancelled our room bookings, there were women throwing children under buses and they've issued legal proceedings against us which I just cannot, cannot see how we will defend ourselves again.

May I never live to see a day like it again. God bless us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

I was at a work do on Friday night with 200 of my closest colleagues. All went well until this guy "bread" got hammered.
    We all laughed at the falling over, the mooning, the robbing pints, the breaking furniture and the fist fights, but then, then, he sits at the wrong table! The wrong fcuking table! OMG! There were people crying and hugging each other, they evacuated the building, cancelled our room bookings, there were women throwing children under buses and they've issued legal proceedings against us which I just cannot, cannot see how we will defend ourselves again.

May I never live to see a day like it again. God bless us all.
    I was gonna post something funny but it would just read like craap after your post. Funny!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Pretend you're an alcoholic op, the company might pay for your rehab

Tell them you can only be sober in Cuba or Puerto Rico....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

I have been there before several times. I generally couldn't care less though but i always say to people 'jesus i was in some hoop there on friday'. If they know you dont care they won't see it as a big deal and keep slagging you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

Wow...sounds like a "great night" all they can remember is that you "sat at the wrong table" , god i'd love to go to one of these work do's , they sound great , all this sitting at the wrong table lark. I'd say your office is a barrell of laughs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I have learned a lesson for sure! It must be that i really don't like my job and it was subconsious. God i don't know. I have never felt like this before.

pLENTY MORE WHRE THAT CAME FROM

Tell them you can only be sober in Cuba or Puerto Rico....

They'll probably go to th epub to celebrate

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Well, my manager just came in there and it seems she was in her words 'loaded'. I said to her it was the drunkest i have ever been at any work event ever, she said 'forget about it, bury it'. So that is all positive, it seems that some of the other managers were really drunk too. I am just a little paranoid now as everyone that comes in to the office seems to look over at me and smile wryly! Oh God!

RichT, i think i had a lucky escape in that respect and luckily did not kiss this particular guy.

Depends on what "it" is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Nobody is dead or pregnant....both these things can also happen at office bashes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

It will be fine OP. You weren't the worst there, and even if you were they will all forget about it by lunchtime. Whatever you do do not approach anyone and start apologising, you will only draw attention to yourself. If anyone brings up Friday night just say 'Yeah, it was a great night'. And if pressed say 'I can hardly remember the end of it, wasn't the [insert decoy] brilliant though?'. Don't even raise your own behaviour. And stop questioning your colleagues as to what a disgrace you were. Just focus on your job for the rest of the day and it will be all over by tomorrow.

And next time, don't get so drunk.

Nobody is dead or pregnant....both these things can also happen at office bashes.

Death and pregnancy. Quite the office bash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Luxie wrote: »
    I've never seen the point of work nights out.

Hope this helps.

Lol^

Oh and +1. I like to leave work at work, you see enough of them during the week. The last do I was ever at the director thought he'd ask me if I'd like to head back to his place. Of course I declined, left the do, and then the job in that order. I'd never go to one again. I've seen co-workers making awful eejits of themselves too. Work collegues + drink = professionalism out the window.
    Last summer ,every time he was finished a pint he thew the glass away and it smashed all over the place, he didn't what the problem was as he was finished with it:confused:

Bit of a Begby in him, is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Abi wrote: »

Ha ha, never thought of that. Yes there is ,without the violence, he just can't see what the problem is when he's drunk.

I heard that he did it in a restaurant one night after 3 pints , as in the 4th glass went flying.He was asked to leave but couldn't see what the issue was.

His wife doesn't let him drink much.

Ha ha, never thought of that. Yes there is ,without the violence, he just can't see what the problem is when he's drunk.

I heard that he did it in a restaurant one night after 3 pints , as in the 4th glass went flying.He was asked to leave but couldn't see what the issue was.

His wife doesn't let him drink much.

Do you mean thats why he can't handle his drink? or she doesn't like it because of the way he carries on?

Quite frankly, if someone told me I had done that even once, I'd avoid the sauce. It obviously doesn't agree with him, and hes a hazard to others around him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

What's all the fuss about ???

All from work were out last Friday too, including the boss. I lost count of how many times I fell over, but just been told that at least I remembered that I fell over. Rest of em's last recollection was when the drink orders changed to the top shelf!

Don't worry about it, half your colleagues were probably too pished too notice you pished :D

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Luxie

Lol^

Oh and +1. I like to leave work at work, you see enough of them during the week. The last do I was ever at the director thought he'd ask me if I'd like to head back to his place. Of course I declined, left the do, and then the job in that order. I'd never go to one again. I've seen co-workers making awful eejits of themselves too. Work collegues + drink = professionalism out the window.

Exactly. Time and a place.

I don't even add work people on Facebook, let alone go drinking with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Exactly. Time and a place.

I don't even add work people on Facebook, let alone go drinking with them.

Never trust anyone you haven't been drunk with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Penguin xd

if anyone says anything about it just laugh and say you dont remember. if you seem embarressed about it you will look even worse. just have a laugh... if it makes you feel any better i was out in town thursday night in "The Palace". i got completely lost and was so drunk i ended up outside waiting for an hour when eventually i had to walk to the nearest garda station, ask him where i was, then ring my ma to pick me up and she lives out past kildare town.... completely 100% shaming standing in the station absolutely hammered, could barely stand... but we had a laugh about it, its all u can do

• Advertisement

I think the most outragious thing I saw at a do years ago (when I used be inclined to attend), was two colleagues retiring upstairs to a hotel room, leaving one colleagues significant other Very P'd Off Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭A_Danger

who gives a sh*te

A_Danger wrote: »
    who gives a sh*te

why comment then?

A_Danger wrote: »
    who gives a sh*te

We have a hero :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We have a hero :rolleyes:

No hero, just a danger to himself and others :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

I think the most outragious thing I saw at a do years ago (when I used be inclined to attend), was two colleagues retiring upstairs to a hotel room, leaving one colleagues significant other Very P'd Off Indeed.

Eh....do I read this right? A couple are at a do, one of the couple disappears to an upstairs room with a third wheel and the best response the cuckholded eunuch can think of is to sit there being very pissed off?

What the hell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭melb

If thats all that happened its the least of your worries. Chances are one of your mates scored the nerdy accountant and they have no recollection of who did what or where. Watch out for that workmate wearing a scarf in the office all day-sign of dirty hickeys...

and why would you sit there p***ed off?? did red lights not go off in their head?? id be up there beating the "significant other"!!! obviously not very significant?

Eh....do I read this right? A couple are at a do, one of the couple disappears to an upstairs room with a third wheel and the best response the cuckholded eunuch can think of is to sit there being very pissed off?

What the hell?

This was years ago. She (the gf) walked out if I remember.

I don't think they even split up!

• Advertisement

Penguin xd wrote: »
    and why would you sit there p***ed off?? did red lights not go off in their head?? id be up there beating the "significant other"!!! obviously not very significant?

Significant enough for them to be living together anyway.

As I said before, I don't think they even split up, but I'm talking like 1997 here, my recollection isn't quite clear.

Advertisement