Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Photo of my fridge!

Options
  • 20-06-2011 10:01am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

Im going to take a photo of my fridge contents tonight and post it here when I get home. I love it on any cookery programme when they open the door and I can look in their fridges and have a bit of a nosy! :) Its a bit of a tip after the weekend as well so it will be motivation to tidy it up a bit :o

Plus there are some posters on the forum that have such nice dinners every night, their fridge must be like a foodie Aladins cave!

Anyone else willing to bare all?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It's condiment city in my fridge. More jars and bottles than food. I'll take a pic later if I remember.

Au Natural
    f0s0zo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,045 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Mmmm I do need to clean out my fridge(s).
    Might just do this;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭NewFrockTuesday

tbr...you MUST do this. Of all the fridges Im dying to get a nosy into, yours is one fo the top ten!

tbr...you MUST do this. Of all the fridges Im dying to get a nosy into, yours is one fo the top ten!

You might be disappointed - lots of jars of rarely used stuff.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

I'd be up for that! :pac:

Tabasco and champers! Nice! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

Do you really need to have all those condiments inyour fridge? Surely some don't need refrigeration after opening?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭smiles302

Stock jelly-cube things are meant to go in the fridge?? Haha! Ooops

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Friday is both payday and shopping day, so will take a photo on Friday night cos at the moment there is nothing but alcohol and milk in mine atthe moment

When the presses are full, the fridge is used.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭xxdilemmaxx

LOVE that coconut water!

• Advertisement

I didnt get home until late so I forgot about this. Ill post tonight. Youre all in for a real treat! After last night, I think there are blueberries and a few ends of cheese and a few veggies. :) Thrilling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭scotty_irish

i'd put a photo of mine up but then i'd never get on come dine with me!

I notice a lot of talk and very few pics in this thread!:rolleyes:
    OK, you asked for it!
    I've used this thread as an incentive to clean my fridge so I photographed everything as it came out.

Fridge_Resize.jpg

The fridge before I started.

Door_Resize.jpg

Contents of the door: Milk (unpasteurized), homemade vinegarette, ginger cordial, ketchup (rarely used), Franks Redhot sauce, (light:eek:) mayonnaise (rarely used), 2 bottles of ginger syrup from when Mrs made crystallized ginger, Flying Goose chilli sauce, wasabi paste, a butter paper, scraps of ginger, a green chilli.

Top_Shelf_Resize.jpg

Top shelf: Wholegrain Mustard, Plum and redcurrant jam (Mrs.), Foie Gras & Gesiers (present - I don't like foie gras and have ethical problems with it - must find a home for this), unidentified jam, Espelette Chilli paste (yum) and Bart's Harrissa (not great),2 types of miso paste, Rhubarb and ginger jam, 2 homemade chutneys, Olive paste (never used), Horseradish, Cherry jam.

Second_shelf_Resize.jpg

Second Shelf: Spiced pears in wine (present, very nice), Tofu, Creamed coconut, hot pickled chillies, mild pickled peppers, Greek style yoghurt, capers, butter, half a lemon (with the zest gone), reduced price Tesco lamb chops, Lidl Serrano ham, left over lemony garlicy thymey chicken from last night.

Third_shelf_resize.jpg

Third shelf: Lidl Vintage cheddar, M&S Cornish Cruncher (present), Gubeen Smoked cheese (present), Coolea mature gouda style and Hegarty's cheddar style, Leftover polenta from last night, some blackcurrants (garden), Hanley's black pudding (yet to try this -edit: just tried this, nice,pretty spicy with good texture but a little salty for me), Wexford strawberries, leftover gravy from last night, butter, duck eggs.

Veg_Drawer_resize.jpg

Veg drawer: Flat leaf parsley (friend's garden), white cabbage, parsnip, carrots, bit of cucumber, lemongrass, celery, white turnips.

That's it, I hope I haven't bored the pants off everyone.

There is another fridge in the utility room. I can list the contents of that if anyone's interested!

Swampy wrote: »
    It's condiment city in my fridge. More jars and bottles than food. I'll take a pic later if I remember.

Au Natural
    f0s0zo.jpg

What are the packs of meat in the bottom of the fridge?

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I love this forum! So tis great to see a nice, fun thread! :D my fridge about 10 mins ago.

DSCF3399.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

If anything, this thread is clearly an incentive for cleaning one's fridge! Will post one of mine when it's tidy!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

ChewChew wrote: »
    I love this forum! So tis great to see a nice, fun thread! :D my fridge about 10 mins ago.

DSCF3399.jpg

delighted to finally get to see the milk - it looks great;);)

What are the packs of meat in the bottom of the fridge?

Beef Ribs. Have never cooked them before. Going to braise them.

Something along these lines LINK

Swampy wrote: »
    Beef Ribs. Have never cooked them before. Going to braise them.

Something along these lines LINK

I thought it looked interesting alright.
    Let us know hoe they turn out.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

DSCF3399.jpg

Tell me right now, where did you get the Red Bull Cola? I want, no, NEED it.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,420 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Tell me right now, where did you get the Red Bull Cola? I want, no, NEED it.. :pac:
    It's pretty easy to pick up in most convience shops, spar, centra etc

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

Mellor wrote: »

Really? Haven't seen it anywhere.

NFT, we've shown you ours, now show us yours;)

NFT, we've shown you ours, now show us yours;)

I know I know! Tonight - I PROMISE!

I was sampling cocktails on behalf of another forum in LaFayette last night. 4 long island ice teas later, trust me when I say the picture would have been very blurry!Im a terrrible photographer at the best of times - Madchef can confirm this due to a disasterous brochure shoot not 2 weeks ago - so Ive got be on my game when I go for this!

TBR. you didnt just show yours, you danced around in frilly knickers! Great shoot! My nosy gene is so satisfied it wants a cigarette!

Plus I still havent tidied it!
    :o

DSCF3399.jpg

ChewChew, are you a little bit of a neat freak? :p

A neat freak with terrible taste in beer!:p

This is my fridge:

picture.php?albumid=1732&pictureid=9915

There are a couple of other people's fridges that I'd like to see. You know who you all are so come on!

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

hahahaha I know! It's my last one and I swear it'll only be used for that very necessary occasion!! :p
    Mellor wrote: »
    It's actually not easy to get at all!!
    Really? Haven't seen it anywhere.
    I got my last one in a maxol Garage. but that was around christmas.. haven't seen it since!! :(
    Yes, I pretty much am. But I live alone too so it's easy to keep an eye on it, and there isn't a whole lot at the back on the middle shelf.
    A neat freak with terrible taste in beer!:p
    oi you!! I like to have a choice for my friends.. I'm cool like that :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭boodlesdoodles

This is my fridge:

There are a couple of other peoples' fridges that I'd like to see. You know who you all are so come on!

The contents of your fridge make you look like an alcoholic vegetarian! I like you!! :p

• Advertisement

The contents of your fridge make you look like an alcoholic vegetarian! I like you!! :p

I work a lot of late shifts so I need to have a good stash!

Who am I trying to fool? Chin chin! :pac:

Advertisement