Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV just for Xbox

Options
  • 20-06-2011 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭

Im looking for a tv just for xbox, its gonna go in opposite end of sitting room to the 50inch so dont want anything too big

what size is best - I was thinking 27 to 32 would 22 be too small

Does it matter if its not 1080p ?

Any recommendations , dont want to spend more than 250 or so as it wont be used all the time

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

A computer monitor might be a cheaper way to go , many have hdmi connections nowadays and even more will have vga, the down side is you would need separate speakers, but something to consider when you're looking around.

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

dario28 wrote: »
    Does it matter if its not 1080p ?

For some games you definitely need HD resolution to read the text on screen so I'd say yes! 720 is prob ok, but might as well go for 1080 it out while you're at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Harvey Norman have some decent 32' TVs for dirt cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

zinzan wrote: »
    For some games you definitely need HD resolution to read the text on screen so I'd say yes! 720 is prob ok, but might as well go for 1080 it out while you're at it!

you wont notice the difference between 1080p and 720p on a 32in screen

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you wont notice the difference between 1080p and 720p on a 32in screen

If he's more than ~8 feet away he won't, otherwise it is noticeable.

http://s3.carltonbale.com/resolution_chart.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

A 22' will do fine..esp if theres another TV in the same room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

bastados wrote: »
    A 22' will do fine..esp if theres another TV in the same room.

Would this be good enough

http://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-M227WDP-22-inch-1080p-Monitor/dp/B001NEI7E8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1308587413&sr=8-3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I have my xbox hooked up to my 40" 1080p Samsung. I bought this TV about 2 years ago, it was costly but well worth the money. I can't recommend them enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have a 22" 1080p LG monitor myself which I use for gaming on my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. It's great if you're sitting right in front of it, picture is very clear and sharp. But if you have to sit further away then you should get a bigger one that's within your budget.

I play a lot of COD Black Ops on Xbox Live and I have to sit very close to the monitor so I can see enemies on the other side of the map/hiding somewhere, etc.. I have a 46" TV in the living room which I sometimes use for gaming, just so I can sit back on the couch at the same time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭dario28

jamescd wrote: »
    I have a 22" 1080p LG monitor myself which I use for gaming on my PC, Xbox 360 and PS3. It's great if you're sitting right in front of it, picture is very clear and sharp. But if you have to sit further away then you should get a bigger one that's within your budget.

I play a lot of COD Black Ops on Xbox Live and I have to sit very close to the monitor so I can see enemies on the other side of the map/hiding somewhere, etc.. I have a 46" TV in the living room which I sometimes use for gaming, just so I can sit back on the couch at the same time :p

I'll be about 5 to 8 feet away I reckon would 22 be too small then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭bastados

no idea but make sure you get an decent warranty..a friend uses a 22' for gaming and you can sit very close to it , unlike bigger TVs which make you sit much further back due to their size...good luck shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 meleady26

I have that exact one in my room just for xbox and its perfect.

Advertisement