Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So i got bored and emailed some politicians

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

I think our plan will be something like this:
    If you get cornered, bash them in the head. That seems to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bkeogh

This is government 'foot dragging' of the worst tiype, that even Zombies would be proud of. If this isn't moved on we will be up to our knees in Zombies in the same way we up to our knees in debt.

PS I added water to my 'now out of date' Iodine tablets and discovered that the mixture repels Zombies if sprayed using a plant feeder spray type thing, available from Woodies at 2.99 each.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

cracked have a good article
    http://www.cracked.com/article_15643_5-scientific-reasons-zombie-apocalypse-could-actually-happen_p1.html

I think the Second one is the most likley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,080 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

[
    QUOTE=jme2010;73052083]You sir can run towards the zombies, with a piece of paper cruelly (but justly) stuck to your back labelled, "Bait".
    Ah..Not quite ..I have many guns,so I'm not too worried..:D
    However,I'll gladly shoot Z's around you if you wish to work as tetherd "bait " for me!!:D:D
    Close quaters combat with the undead is not recommended. Based on the nature of how the virus spreads, do you really want to be spraying z blood all over yourself? Not to mention the risk of being over-whelmed by the shufflers.

Well,first off,it is proably prudent not to be doing a hacknslash last stand..If however you do get caught that up close and personal,I dont care if you have an M60 with a ton of belts,you are toast anyway.
    Were I to bump into that many Zs ,I'd be practising my deadly Ninja running skills very quickly in the opposite direction:D:D
    ASFIK as the rule book goes sofar,it has to be a direct injection IE bite of Z blood for it to be effective.However,that seems to change with the scenarios.Getting it on your skin doesnt seem to be a problem.

Long-medium ranged wepons only please

Those you have to aquire somhow before the Z outbreak ,by legal means [lots of hassle,and paperwork,but still doable]or illegal [if you have the money, contacts and are dumb enough].
    If neither options suit you and you want somthing legal with little hassle in owning ,so long as you dont act the CNUT with it! A sword is your next best option until you pick up a gun,post Z outbreak.BUT then you need to practise with it and be proficient,so I hope you have plenty of ammo to go with it too.Everyone seems to think it is just a question of pointing and pulling a trigger...WRONG! And the worst time to find that out is in a firefight,or Z wave.;)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

How much power is required to incapacitate zed's? Would Co2 airsoft rifles with metal pellets do any damage? Much easier to acquire and would have you semi-trained for when you find a real gun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Send one to Gerry Adams and ask that if in the event of a zombie outbreak would he and the lads be willing to head a militia, supply weapons and expertise to fight back against the most dangerous enemy the Irish will ever encounter?

That would be hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    Send one to Gerry Adams and ask that if in the event of a zombie outbreak would he and the lads be willing to head a militia, supply weapons and expertise to fight back against the most dangerous enemy the Irish will ever encounter?

I dare you lol
    That'd be genius. You must do that OP. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭Diaell

You could always send a mass email to every memember in the Dail and see who will actually get back to you.
    http://www.oireachtas.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=12684

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Rick Deckard

That would be hilarious.
    They're far to busy running the drug/prostitution trade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

That would be hilarious.

Mallers comes to mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

Jackobyte wrote: »
    How much power is required to incapacitate zed's? Would Co2 airsoft rifles with metal pellets do any damage? Much easier to acquire and would have you semi-trained for when you find a real gun.

With airsoft guns at 1 joule you would need some kind of sabot round with a tough dart of a fraction of a millimeter to pierce the skull. So basically no good for Z's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

You need a reason to apply for a fire-arm in Ireland....do you think a zombie appocolapse would be a sufficient one?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

Gandalph wrote: »
    You need a reason to apply for a fire-arm in Ireland....do you think a zombie appocolapse would be a sufficient one?

Yes, probably better than other reasons given :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

Did you actually post that on his page, Allan? Because either I'm blind or it got deleted - and if it's the latter, that sucks that it's not taken seriously. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

allanb49 wrote: »

You are a genius :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

*Subscribes*

Slightly OT, but out of interest, have we ever asked the Emergency Services forum for input? Would be kind of neat if we could have a thread there on the subject. I can't imagine it would infringe on any of their standing nondisclosurey type restrictions and it seems to me an interesting thought exercise for the folks on the front line.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭johnnycnandy

Thank you OP. It's about time concerns were raised at the highest levels. Can't wait to see where this goes. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

+1 for asking the posters over in Emergency Services forum

They won't give specific info but they'll have share some knowledge

Pat Kenny show would be good for this too if you want to call up one of their producers/reseachers and get a slot on the radio

Seems to have gotten deleted, lucky for the screen shot though

• Advertisement

This is starting to smell like a government cover up :D

Watch your back!

allanb49 wrote: »
    Seems to have gotten deleted, lucky for the screen shot though

Have you gotten any replies other than the initial one?:D

nope, :(

Fail :(

Makes me dislike politicians even more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭Smcgie

I wouldnt reply to your nonsense either.. Its clearly a wind up and they know you're just looking for a viral reaction.

Grow up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

Smcgie wrote: »
    I wouldnt reply to your nonsense either.. Its clearly a wind up and they know you're just looking for a viral reaction.

Grow up

youre no fun

Grow up

And bait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

krissovo wrote: »
    And bait

Its ok. every zombie epic needs one cynical billigerant who gets his comeupance. Think Cooper from night of the living dead, steve from dawn of the dead 2004, david from shaun of the dead etc!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Grow up

Banned.

We don't need food posting on such serious matters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

Grow up
    I know he's already banned but..... this man needs to grow up!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

This is getting little or no attention from our elected officials.
    Leaders indeed! :mad:

Can you ask the first councillor in post two to raise it at the next council meeting?
    Sure all he can do is say no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Maybe we need to up the number of emails. They would find it hard to ignore 50.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,752 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Banned.

We don't need food posting on such serious matters.

I thought the viral thing was quite witty, plus we could use some zbait around here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Here's an idea... Get some TD's down to the zombie walk and show them what a horde would like like up close and personal :p

Tallon wrote: »
    Here's an idea... Get some TD's down to the zombie walk and show them what a horde would like like up close and personal :p

Get Ming Flanagan, it is for charity and what not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Did you consider submitting this question to the newstalk presidential debate. Apparently the public submit questions to the website and the ones that get the most votes get asked. Can you Imagine the love all gods creatures answer Dana would give. And you just know McGuinness couldnt resist talking about hit and run military tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Maybe we need to up the number of emails. They would find it hard to ignore 50.
    Indeed, a horde of emails.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

ok not a joke but people need to put a plan onto paper in a type of Irish Zombie survival booklet-or book. Honestly the CDC, and health Service's are stretch to the limits trying to stay on top of new bugs and mutated current bugs that its only a matter of time before something happens highly unlikely but you never know.

Virus could spread via common cold if mutates and attaches to the wrong person.
    Mutated rabies in Humans, Space transmitted diseases bought back on shuttles or Space debris that is unnoticed

Their needs to be more knowledge about this placed in some form of writing not preparing is preparing to fail.
    And it would be a lot of fun

Advertisement