Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicobacter medication

Options
  • 20-06-2011 11:19am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 304 ✭✭

I have just been put on medication to clear helicobacter im on clorom,clonamox and losec the antibiotics are a very high dose just wondering if anyone else had this or was on these medications and how they were feeling on them,as I feel nearly worse on them.

I am also on medication for fybromyalgia,pcos and an under active thyroid so it could be just the whole cocktail of medication making me feel brutal.
    Anyone who had helicobacter what were your symptoms and did the medication clear it for you.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Have had to do it twice. Honestly, the meds are awful to take but they do work. You go through hell for 2 weeks but reap years of feeling much better because of it. Well, well worth it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I did the triple therapy for an ulcer about 10 years ago and I was in bed for the week because I also have an inner ear disorder. It made me feel rotten but was worth it though so hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Take some acidophilus tablets with them to help protect your stomach. A few years ago I got dry socket after a tooth extraction and had to take double antibiotics which screwed me up healthwise for nearly three months. Somebody recommended taking acidphilus and within three days all my post antibiotic symptoms cleared up. Now, whenever I have to take or give the kids antibiotics I make sure to dole them out too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

+1 on the acidophilus, I wish I'd known about them when I was having the treatment. I always take them with antibiotics now.

Advertisement