Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible experience switching to Eircom from Vodafone

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello, I hope someone here will be able to help me. We have received a sales call couple of months ago from a sales rep from Eircom who convinced my husband to switch over to them. At the course of their conversation and during different calls from her my husband repeteadly asked: is it not going to be a problem that our contract with VF is not finished yet? She assured him on different occassions that Eircom will take care of that issue and we should not be worried. To our horror, we received a cancellation fee bill today from Vodafone for 562 Euros!!!! I need serious help here, there is no way we can afford paying this to Vodafone. Who can I contact torectify this? Would you be able to know how I can reach the ombudsman - I am prepared to take this as high as necessary... I need help, please. Thank you!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hello, I hope someone here will be able to help me. We have received a sales call couple of months ago from a sales rep from Eircom who convinced my husband to switch over to them. At the course of their conversation and during different calls from her my husband repeteadly asked: is it not going to be a problem that our contract with VF is not finished yet? She assured him on different occassions that Eircom will take care of that issue and we should not be worried. To our horror, we received a cancellation fee bill today from Vodafone for 562 Euros!!!! I need serious help here, there is no way we can afford paying this to Vodafone. Who can I contact torectify this? Would you be able to know how I can reach the ombudsman - I am prepared to take this as high as necessary... I need help, please. Thank you!

Hi newuser1973,

Thanks for posting your query.

If you are now currently with eircom, I would advise first contact eircom Customer Care on 1901. They will be able to clarify your current status with eircom. They will also be able to provide you with any signed or verbal contract information regarding eircom.

Once you have this information, you will be in a position to respond to the charge for cancellation fees by vodafone.

eircom Customer Care will also be able to advise you on contacting the Regulator. As this cancellation fee is a third party charge, eircom Customer Care will need to be aware of all facts, before they can advise you further.

If you need exact details on your Sales order with eircom, you can also call directly into Broadband Sales - 1800503303 (freefone).

Please Private Message your eircom Account number, or home phone number if you have any problem contacting eircom Customer Care or eircom Broadband Sales.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newuser1973

Thank you for your reply. My husband is trying to contact the sales rep that we dealt with, but she doesnt take the call. I am sure that there is a mistake here, who in their right minds woul switch providers for any reason if they would have to pay such a huge sum for getting out of the other account? I will tell my husband to contact the number you gave me and we will take it from there. I will keep you posted if you dont mind.

Thanks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

They cant charge you cancellation fees if you had a legitimate reason to leave. Like they werent giving you the service they said they would.
    Were your dl speeds bad, was their downtime on your internet connection?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

The eircom rep misled the vodafone customer who seems to have been in a contract with vodafone.

How long exactly were you with Vodafone when the rep contacted you from eircom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 newuser1973

Thnak you for your replies. We were with VF for good couple of months, 6-7 not sure at this moment. And yes we did have loads of probs thats why my husband was actually happy when we got this offer from Eircom. VF has loads of logs with our issues, many times we did not have net at all, for weeks on and we were thrown from one person t o another, so it was not all happy.... but of course we would have never switched if we were told that we ahve to pay a cancellation fee to VF!! This has been our main concern all way long, and we were confirmed on multiple occassions that we dont have to worry about that...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 blehhhh

Thnak you for your replies. We were with VF for good couple of months, 6-7 not sure at this moment. And yes we did have loads of probs thats why my husband was actually happy when we got this offer from Eircom. VF has loads of logs with our issues, many times we did not have net at all, for weeks on and we were thrown from one person t o another, so it was not all happy.... but of course we would have never switched if we were told that we ahve to pay a cancellation fee to VF!! This has been our main concern all way long, and we were confirmed on multiple occassions that we dont have to worry about that...

You are entitled to switch if you were having problems and they cant charge you cancellation fees if they werent providing you with the service they were suppose to.

I had similar problems, when vodafone were BT. Called them before cancelling to tell them I was moving to Eircom and they assured me there would be no cancellation fee. What do you know, a cancellation bill arrives. Took a lot of phonecalls to get them to refund but they did in the end.

They will make you jump through hoops before refunding you, in the hope that you will give up and go away. If I was you, I would call my bank and tell them not to accept any bills from Vodafone, if you havent already paid it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Thank you for your reply. My husband is trying to contact the sales rep that we dealt with, but she doesnt take the call. I am sure that there is a mistake here, who in their right minds woul switch providers for any reason if they would have to pay such a huge sum for getting out of the other account? I will tell my husband to contact the number you gave me and we will take it from there. I will keep you posted if you dont mind.

Thanks,

Hi newuser1973,

If you'd like to Private Message your home phone number, or eircom Account number, I can look into your sales order history.

Kind regards,
    Ant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

How many months was left with your vodafone contract?
    €500 is alot for cancellation fee's and i don't see how vodafone can expect people to pay this.

The Eircom rep did mis inform your husband tough any bill pay service that you leave before the contract is up will result in cancellation fee's they try charge you the remaining months that you would have left on the contract so if you left 6 months into a 12months contract they charge you eg. broadband 40a month X 6 months left in contract = €240 cancellation fee.

Since Vodafone were not providing the service you signed up for you had every right to leave them they are a joke of a company from experiance i would never touch anything again that has the brand of Vodafone on it.Terrible service from them!

Hope you can get this sorted :)

Advertisement