Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cobblers around Blackrock/ Ballinlough area?

Options
  • 20-06-2011 12:36pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need to get a key cut, and the only cobblers I can think of is that rip-off merchant in Douglas Court. I don't want to go all the way to town, so does anyone know of a cobblers in Blackrock, Ballinlough or any areas around there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Mahonpoint SC maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

There's a locksmith's shop on the Old Blackrock Road, just where it passes over the South Link, near the South Infirmary. It's located in what us Ballinlough old-timers used to call the "coffin shop".

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Scallys Supervalu cut keys too. Woodies DIY also do it. If you're stuck, I've to go to Ballincollig a few times this week and there's a laundrette there that also cuts keys (Go fig, what a combination!) for about 4 Euro a pop - could bring it out with me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Thanks for the replies. Was hoping to get it done today so it's a bit late now :). I'll be working in town for the rest of the week so I can just get it done there tomorrow morning.

/edit: I never knew Scally's cut keys? Where do you go to get it done?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

The far corner opposite the sweet counter, next to the freezers. They don't make a big fuss about it, but the machine and blanks are there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Yup SuperValu its 3.50 for a normal key. Just by the ATM machine.

Advertisement